Thanks for all the help, she is purring

mooseman100
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520

Post by mooseman100 » Thu. Dec. 14, 2017 8:46 pm

Scott, so awesome to have this set up and tooling along. Not making noise and grinding. I ma not sleeping with one eye open waiting for it to fail. Thanks so much for sorting me out

Rob thanks for your help on my hydrolevel and setting the teeth. I felt about dumb as dirt after you sent the video. For sure different than the old stoker with adjustment slot on bottom of shaft.

Still learning the hydrolevel. It seems to read about 30 degrees higher than the tridicator gauge. It is the same gauge as before. I verified it with infrared temp gun. Low limit is set at 190 and gauge is 160. I assume not a big deal, just learning what is real.

With infrared gun i read about a 30 defree drop in return water when air is blowing thru the exchanger, only 10-15 when furnances are not running. I have a 110' run to first exchanger and 150 to second one.

Things are much better. So appreciative of knowledge and advice here

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Fri. Dec. 15, 2017 5:41 am

Glad to hear things are running good.

Where do you have the Hydrolevel sensor mounted? Next to the tankless coil? As long as the sensor is firmly pushed into the well, it should be very accurate.

mooseman100

Post by mooseman100 » Fri. Dec. 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Sensor is in the well just above viewing door. I pulled it out and pushed it back in, no change. We have a rubber grommet over the top of well the wire runs through to keep things in place. It is a 6” or so deep well and sensor at back of it

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”