Cleaned the AHS S-130 yesterday, learned something

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 1:35 pm

I actually run a brush through it. It does take a flexible one.

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Coal Gun S130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Wood Gun

Post by greenftechn » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Excellent. Haven't been on the forum a lot lately. Saw there was a health issue faced by your wife a while back. How are you (plural) doing?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 1:49 pm

greenftechn wrote:
Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 1:40 pm
Excellent. Haven't been on the forum a lot lately. Saw there was a health issue faced by your wife a while back. How are you (plural) doing?
We will both have costly "network" health coverage beginning on January 1st. By all appearances she is doing fine, but further evaluation of the artery leak issue needs to wait until then. She actually has full health coverage which is faith based, and which resides outside of the Affordable Care Act network (legally, as a permitted exception), but we are finding the medical profession highly reluctant to accept it, particularly at levels that go beyond a mere general practitioner. It almost appears as if she might be getting better care right now if she didn't have any such insurance at all.

As for my wife's unintentional emergency stay in a hospital in St. Louis, her faith based insurance has notified us that they have begun paying her expenses. This system actually works, but oddly doesn't seem to be well accepted. Sad!!!

As for me, with my 12 year ongoing chronic Polycythemia, I was able to get my Hematologist to write me a one year prescription for "phlebotomy" treatments, and I found a local place that does the monthly procedure for only $60, which I have been paying out of pocket. At least it has kept me going to this point. And I'll actually be able to make appointments with my Hematologist again come January. When I had insurance, the local hospital was charging my insurance at a clip of about $200 for the procedure and $100 for lab work monthly, essentially to do what a clinic is charging me $60 for out of pocket. And with my copay and deductible it was costing me about $60 a month out of pocket anyway.
Last edited by lsayre on Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greenftechn
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Coal Gun S130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: Wood Gun

Post by greenftechn » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Unfortunate about the state of health insurance. Prayers for successful resolution of her artery leak issue.

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 2:12 pm

Thank you kindly!!!

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Mon. Nov. 06, 2017 3:38 pm

Hello Larry,

I am glad to hear that the you and the Mrs. are holding your own.

I may not be lighting the stoker until December with the weather staying warmer and with the boiler set with summer temperatures on the triple aquastat the oil burner is not running very much which is fine with me. I have to pour some diesel 911 fuel treatment in the kerosene tank to kill the algae that has been growing in it.
We can always use the oven to heat the kitchen up as needed too.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”