The new D&S stoker boiler

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Tue. Aug. 22, 2017 5:13 pm

On a visit to Boonville woodsman show Sunday I got to look over a new D&S stoker boiler.
If anyone wants a new unit. Check this out !

It is like an EFM, and Van Wert, and a Loush all in one. But it also has a nice easy plate to take off for removing fly-ash from the water tubes area, and a fire view window door.

VERY SWEET unit if you are shopping.

Dave :yes:

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Sep. 18, 2017 12:50 pm

This unrelated talk of a different type stove (pedestal) is/has been started/covered in another prior thread.

new ds PROTOTYPE stove

Why inject more discussion here yet again in another totally new thread started for/about a Stoker Boiler model?

:idea: Perhaps a Moderator can clean this up so the title subject here stays true and the unrelated posts can be continued where it has already been started.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Mon. Sep. 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Dave 1234 wrote:On a visit to Boonville woodsman show Sunday I got to look over a new D&S stoker boiler.
If anyone wants a new unit. Check this out !

It is like an EFM, and Van Wert, and a Loush all in one. But it also has a nice easy plate to take off for removing fly-ash from the water tubes area, and a fire view window door.

VERY SWEET unit if you are shopping.

Dave :yes:

This is likely the stoker boiler model that well known member here on coal forum, *scrapper23jr*, helped to design critical features into. :D

The NEW 2017 DS Stove Stoker Boiler ***UNDER_FED***

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Mon. Sep. 18, 2017 5:27 pm

McGiever wrote:This unrelated talk of a different type stove (pedestal) is/has been started/covered in another prior thread.

new ds PROTOTYPE stove

Why inject more discussion here yet again in another totally new thread started for/about a Stoker Boiler model?

:idea: Perhaps a Moderator can clean this up so the title subject here stays true and the unrelated posts can be continued where it has already been started.
X2
Clear the confusion !!!

Dave 1234
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1948 International boiler, EFM S-20 stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buck,

Post by Dave 1234 » Mon. Sep. 18, 2017 9:25 pm

McGiever wrote:This unrelated talk of a different type stove (pedestal) is/has been started/covered in another prior thread.

new ds PROTOTYPE stove

x3 ............... Thanks McG and Windy !

I have no horse in this race but I'm glad you two are backing me up here. The new DS stoker is so nice I only wanted a possible newbe to hear about it if they were out shopping.

The pot is nice, the water tube exchanger is nice, love the boiler clean-out door for fly ash, and she has a fire-view too! it's very well thought out.

Dave

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Tue. Sep. 19, 2017 5:21 am

I talked at length on Sunday with Scrapper about this boiler. I understand that this is a very nice unit and it is a plate boiler that will have an H-stamp. The auger is direct-driven through a variable speed control and fan speed is variably driven as well...the whole outfit was designed with a minimum of moving parts. Stackable rings on the firepot for ease of service and I think he said it's capable of running 35 lbs of coal per hour.

This will be priced well under a new EFM and I think anyone in the market for a new stoker-boiler would do themselves well to take a look at it. They ran the test units as hard as they possibly could to try to tear them up but could not. There are some who will be fearful of the electronic controls but all I can say is that it's not the 1950's anymore and I am a diehard EFM person saying this.

I seen it fired up and running for myself at an equipment show in January and I thought it was very well built for the price. I think they are doing a production run for this season.

My $.02

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”