WL-110 Dual Fuel Boiler

Farmer6
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF 520
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Retired Franco Belge 92,000 BTU
Other Heating: oil

Post by Farmer6 » Wed. Nov. 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Does any one have a Leisure Line WL-110 dual fuel boiler installed in their home ? How long have you had it. Do you like it ? Have you had any problems with it? The Farmer6

swyman
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson 260M Leisure Line AA-220 Boiler (FOR SALE)
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Pea

Post by swyman » Thu. Nov. 03, 2016 2:00 am

Welcome to the forum! Someone should chime in here pretty quick. I don't know much about the dual fuel but would seem to be a nice option!

kstills
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110

Post by kstills » Fri. Nov. 04, 2016 9:40 am

I do, as do many others.

I've owned it 5 years, it's been both reliable and very cost efficient to run. I haven't had a need to run the oil gun since I've bought it as coal has been less expensive than oil the entire time (there was a spot last year they were pretty close, but my calculation is that oil has to be at 1.50 per gallon to be equal to what I pay for coal).

I would get the easy cleanout feature, as you do have to clean this out at least once a month during the heating season. I just finished my pre season cleanout, takes about 3 hours for an older guy to get everything ready for the winter.

It's a very efficient heat source during the winter months for an older home with radiators, and it's provided good heating even when the temps were into single digits two years ago (1500 square feet, moderate insulation).

It's cheaper than the alternatives (new) and I gather requires a bit more hands on effort from the owner, however if you're handy and don't mind the work, it's a great boiler.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. Nov. 04, 2016 9:55 am

I think one is for sale on this site?

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”