WL-110 Dual Fuel Boiler

Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
Farmer6
Other Heating: oil

Post Wed. Nov. 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Does any one have a Leisure Line WL-110 dual fuel boiler installed in their home ? How long have you had it. Do you like it ? Have you had any problems with it? The Farmer6

swyman
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line AA-220

Post Thu. Nov. 03, 2016 2:00 am

Welcome to the forum! Someone should chime in here pretty quick. I don't know much about the dual fuel but would seem to be a nice option!

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

kstills
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line

Post Fri. Nov. 04, 2016 9:40 am

I do, as do many others.

I've owned it 5 years, it's been both reliable and very cost efficient to run. I haven't had a need to run the oil gun since I've bought it as coal has been less expensive than oil the entire time (there was a spot last year they were pretty close, but my calculation is that oil has to be at 1.50 per gallon to be equal to what I pay for coal).

I would get the easy cleanout feature, as you do have to clean this out at least once a month during the heating season. I just finished my pre season cleanout, takes about 3 hours for an older guy to get everything ready for the winter.

It's a very efficient heat source during the winter months for an older home with radiators, and it's provided good heating even when the temps were into single digits two years ago (1500 square feet, moderate insulation).

It's cheaper than the alternatives (new) and I gather requires a bit more hands on effort from the owner, however if you're handy and don't mind the work, it's a great boiler.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post Fri. Nov. 04, 2016 9:55 am

I think one is for sale on this site?
Mark

Inflation is the Grim Reaper to prosperity.
Printing money without a gold standard is the crime of counterfeiting.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
Si vis paceum, parabellum.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic and Steam)”