Stupid EFM

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Tue. Apr. 29, 2008 8:46 am

Hello KMiller, welcome to the forum.. Thanks for offering to help Lincolnmania.. But I know he got his EFM repaired... Check the date on the posts.. in the first line of each post there is the date and time. Lincolnmania didn't 'close out' the thread, but I know he got the parts apart and replaced.

Thanks for offering to help.. that's what this forum is all about.

Greg L

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Tue. Apr. 29, 2008 10:53 pm

thanks for the offer and welcome to the forums......i'm not running the efm right now.....it has been off for a few weeks, but I did get it fixed, and yes i'm gonna need a set of grates before next season.......without the outage timer 1/07-4/07 and 10/07 - 4/08 the efm burned what I estimate at 12-14 ton.........i would have the efm going tonite, but I don't have enough coal to run it.....i took what coal the auger the efm wouldnt pick up in the barrel to light the alaska tonite......it didnt drop below 55 in the garage, so no need for heat.......in the warmer weather my one hr timer is not so good, half the coal bed goes wasted, but the fire does stay lit (this might also be my warped grates which i'll take care of over the summer) i'll get a 1/2 hr timer this summer too.....wonder what coal is gonna be in the fall at 8 bucks a gallon for diesel? wish I could fill the bins now, but I got township taxes to pay

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Apr. 29, 2008 11:37 pm

lincolnmania wrote:thanks for the offer and welcome to the forums......i'm not running the efm right now.....it has been off for a few weeks, but I did get it fixed, and yes i'm gonna need a set of grates before next season.......without the outage timer 1/07-4/07 and 10/07 - 4/08 the efm burned what I estimate at 12-14 ton.........i would have the efm going tonite, but I don't have enough coal to run it.....i took what coal the auger the efm wouldnt pick up in the barrel to light the alaska tonite......it didnt drop below 55 in the garage, so no need for heat.......in the warmer weather my one hr timer is not so good, half the coal bed goes wasted, but the fire does stay lit (this might also be my warped grates which i'll take care of over the summer) i'll get a 1/2 hr timer this summer too.....wonder what coal is gonna be in the fall at 8 bucks a gallon for diesel? wish I could fill the bins now, but I got township taxes to pay

You don't need a 30min timer all you have to do is ajust the 1hr. timer to run more min on the hour say 4 to 6 min on ever hr. A 30min timer would be 2 to 3 min every 30min Now that will depend on your draft being you have a short Chimney you may have to bump up the timer to run more mins. with your 1hr timer you may have to run 6 to 8 mins every hr. on a 30min timer you might need to set it at 3 to 4 mins No reason to buy another timer save your money for coal or new grates 15.00 for used ones and 26.00 for new one ;)

lincolnmania
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Apr. 30, 2008 12:40 am

running the hr timer 8 min every hr coal berner......i had to shut if off a few weeks ago.....with just the outage timer going that 8 min every hr the blower runs......it was 88 in here one afternoon lol

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Wed. Apr. 30, 2008 5:45 am

lincoln, did you check to see if all the holes were open in your grates?

lincolnmania

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Apr. 30, 2008 7:48 am

stoker-man wrote:lincoln, did you check to see if all the holes were open in your grates?
holes are opened.....grates are warped a bit from the stoker running 24/7 for months

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”