Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2597
- Joined: Tue. Jan. 08, 2008 9:51 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
- Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
- Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
- Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup
- Location: Malta N.Y.
It should work well until it wears out. Go for it if there isn't much of a cost to it
I think a man does what he can, untill his destiny is revealed. Right now that is trying to sell my EFM plate boilers in 520 and 700 sizes.
- Posts: 12651
- Joined: Mon. Nov. 11, 2013 1:40 pm
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
- Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
- Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace
- Location: Central NY
Some alloys of aluminum wear better than others. If you can get the alloy number you can look up the properties of it on line.
So many stoves - so few chimneys. I must be coal-stone crazy.
- Posts: 206
- Joined: Fri. Jan. 11, 2008 4:27 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
- Coal Size/Type: rice
- Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor
- Location: Wernersville pa
The best is stainless if you have that option