CO Level

Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
BillMarti
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 5:50 pm

What is the normal CO level for a DF 520. I just started having problems with the CO detector going off but can't find any major leaks. Any suggestions on what to look for?
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.Ja.2:19

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Normal is ZERO! Is the draft correct and flu pipe open?
No matter where you go,......there you are.

Lightning
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Uh normal CO level? There ain't one. You should always have zero. If your CO detector is sounding you need to find out why immediately.. Do not pass go and collect $200. Don't go to bed with it running unless the problem is solved. Shut it down if you must...

BillMarti

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Come guys it was only up to 80ppm.........but I figured out the problem.........the dummy :oops: that installed this boiler had not emptied out the fines for quite a while :shock: and as I was reading the instructions for my new CO meter it said something about lack of air for combustion. As that rolled around in my brain after turning up the air :idea: :idea: :idea: it hit me it doesn't matter how much air I give it, it won't do any good because the air is blocked by the fines. So I aired out the house and the meter says 16 PPM's which matches the outside. Thanks guys for all your help.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.Ja.2:19

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

Carbon12
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 6:56 pm

The answer is still zero. Run out and buy an new detector before the stores close. Outside air should be zero unless you live in Centralia. :lol:
No matter where you go,......there you are.

Lightning
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Sorry if I over reacted but a question like that leads me to believe that you don't understand the danger...

BillMarti

Post Thu. Feb. 27, 2014 7:18 pm

Carbon12 wrote:The answer is still zero. Run out and buy an new detector before the stores close. Outside air should be zero unless you live in Centralia. :lol:
Sorry but the walk is much to far to china. :D

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic and Steam)”