Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sun. Feb. 23, 2014 5:37 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 350
- Coal Size/Type: rice
- Location: minersville, pa
Hi I'm new to the forum. Looking for parts for an efm 350 that I've been having some trouble with. I need the two plates that the blower bolts to and the one the auger pipe runs through. I was wondering about the studs that attach the plates to the base box as well, are they pressed in or welded in? A few of them have sheared off and I would like to replace them. Also does anyone know the inside diameter of the auger tube, I need to run to lowe's for a piece of pipe as I only have the pipe that attaches to the pot. I am located in Minersville, PA. Thanks in advance.
- Posts: 5023
- Joined: Fri. Nov. 22, 2013 2:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
- Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both
- Location: Jonestown,Pa.17038
Welcome to the coal forum, look under the furnaces/boilers/etc for sale items,member Glenn Harris, Scrapper are 2 that might have what you need or can direct you,good luck. & they are fairly close to you.
David **** John14:6 Jesus saith unto him,"I am the way.the truth,and the life;no man cometh unto the father,but by me." Wise men sought for Jesus when he was born,wise men still seek Jesus today. Seek & you shall find.
- Posts: 118
- Joined: Tue. Jul. 03, 2012 10:00 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: efm stoker and allen stoker
- Coal Size/Type: rice and buck
- Other Heating: allen stoker
- Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
- Stove/Furnace Model: 520
Get some 1/8 flat sheets of metal drill your own holes and and the same for the worm tube also uses 3/8 bolts to hold then to the base your not going to remove them unless a major problem has occurred
- Posts: 2597
- Joined: Tue. Jan. 08, 2008 9:51 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520, 700, Van Wert 800 GJ 61,53
- Baseburners & Antiques: Magic Stewart 16, times 2!
- Coal Size/Type: Lots of buck
- Other Heating: Slant Fin electric boiler backup
- Location: Malta N.Y.
Those are 1" x 5/16" weld studs. You can get them online or from Fastenall. They are $.75 each. They weld in easily enough. The sides are only 1/8" plate. Use the old ones for template if you have them.
I think a man does what he can, untill his destiny is revealed. Right now that is trying to sell my EFM plate boilers in 520 and 700 sizes.