Moving Auger and Motor From One Side to the Other ?

shy0302

Post by shy0302 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 12:20 pm

I have to move the motor assembly to the other side do to location in the cellar, could someone tell me what to use to seal the panels to the base ,I have not removed them yet , so do not know what was used before they were tightened to the base.( high temp silicone) ? thank you for any help

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 1:07 pm

High temperature silicone works very well.

Make sure you spray all the little studs & nuts with penetrating fluid the night before you start, and if the nuts don't come off easily, get a torch and heat them.

shy0302

Post by shy0302 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Rob R. wrote:High temperature silicone works very well.

Make sure you spray all the little studs & nuts with penetrating fluid the night before you start, and if the nuts don't come off easily, get a torch and heat them.
the nuts came off ,no problem

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 3:05 pm

efm uses and sells SOS boiler putty. You can also use silicone, but it may be difficult to remove the panel in the future.

shy0302

Post by shy0302 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 4:01 pm

rob. I just moved the base in the cellar but I see the air adjuster will not move . what could be wrong?

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 4:25 pm

shy0302 wrote:

rob. I just moved the base in the cellar but I see the air adjuster will not move . what could be wrong?
I don't mean to insult your mechanical abilities, but did you loosen the thumb screw first? If you did and it is still seized, spray each end of the shaft that the air shutter is mounted on with some penetrating fluid and try moving it every couple hours. You could also gentlytap the end of the shaft that the pointer is mounted on.

shy0302

Post by shy0302 » Mon. Nov. 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Rob R. wrote:
shy0302 wrote: rob. I just moved the base in the cellar but I see the air adjuster will not move . what could be wrong?
I don't mean to insult your mechanical abilities, but did you loosen the thumb screw first? If you did and it is still seized, spray each end of the shaft that the air shutter is mounted on with some penetrating fluid and try moving it every couple hours. You could also gentlytap the end of the shaft that the pointer is mounted on.
not an insult but that did work, new at this stuff. thanks

stoker-man
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: 1981 efm wcb-24 in use 365 days a year
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Chestnut
Other Heating: Hearthstone wood stove

Post by stoker-man » Fri. Nov. 08, 2013 5:09 am

The shaft and throttle plate are sort of "sloppy" fits, so tapping lightly on each end of the shaft should loosen it up. Once you see movement of the shaft, try turning the pointer at the same time.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”