Off season in hot humid days, you'll be adding pins... Rice 5 pins .... Buck up it to 3 groups of 4-5 pins.. I've going to burn rice in warmer months then Buck for colder time of year.Carbon12 wrote:Ok,....I'm scaring myself. First time stoker burner. It's been 24 hrs since I adjusted anything on boiler. Idle draft .02-.03 Full firing draft .01-.015 Pretty much right on Keystokers recommended numbers. Idle burn area about 2 inches of glowing coal. On full burn it has 2-3 inches of ash at end of stoker grate. Red nut backed off 14 turns and two sets of three pins at 15 minute intervals. I guess reading this forum rabidly has certainly paid off in getting my boiler dialed in! Thank you all VERY much for all your informative posts!!!
- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sun. Nov. 27, 2011 8:45 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker Ka 6
- Coal Size/Type: Casey Junk Coal :(
- Location: Tannersville Pa
- Posts: 12567
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005 9:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
- Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
- Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75
- Location: N/E Ohio, between Medina and Wadsworth
Yes indeed! Congratulations. You will enjoy the heat and the savings.