- Posts: 11912
- Joined: Sun. Dec. 11, 2005 12:43 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - (custom built by Jim Dorsey, Taunton MA - RIP 4/18/13)
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (SOLD!)
- Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
- Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler
- Location: West-Central Mass
WOAH - Page 9!!
- Posts: 5101
- Joined: Fri. Jan. 30, 2009 10:02 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice
- Location: Warrenton, NC
freetown fred wrote:HB, what the hell is a memorandum???????????????????????????????????????
- Posts: 6624
- Joined: Fri. Apr. 11, 2008 2:54 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
- Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined
- Location: Orrington, Maine
That is the exact truth. If you are going to bluff your way into a wholesale plumbing place (or electrical) you need two things: To walk in like you have a right to be there, and to know exactly what you want. The moment you lay a fitting on the counter & say "I need a fitting with threads that fit this", you are doomed! I've had cash accounts at two plumbing places & two electrical places for years and years before I was a licensed plumber. Even now I'm not sure why the electrical places put up with me..... I always take two boxes of popcorn.SMITTY wrote: The well-stocked places around here are for the trade only, and usually won't sell to you unless you are licensed. I suppose that's so they don't get into hours of explaining to people like me what size pipe fittings I need.
Plumbers education hour (minute): When you ask for a T type fitting you always ask the straight threw sizes first, then the elbow side last. A 3/4 by 1/2 by 3/4 Tee will be 3/4 on one end, 1/2 straight across from it, and a 3/4 elbow. Get it? Got it.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8332
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 10, 2007 9:48 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
- Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
- Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
- Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert
- Location: Stillwater, New Jersey
Soon to be 10.SMITTY wrote:
WOAH - Page 9!!
- Hambden Bob
- Posts: 6550
- Joined: Mon. Jan. 04, 2010 10:54 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
- Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
- Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air
- Location: Hambden Twp. Geauga County,Ohio
Sorry,it took a while to get back to this! A"Memorandum Of Understanding",as I remember it,is a Legal Agreement between parties pertaining to an Issue. Supposedly,according to the White House and The Weather Channel(Which is being finally blown out of the water by the Weather Nation Channel) that Frog's got rights,and needs to be comforted for as long as he and Smitty are together! Rest In Peace,JimD.,This Thread's For You !