New 110 Blower Setup.

Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
plumber
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350

Post Tue. Feb. 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Don, what are you using to measure draft, the 460 that came with the boiler?

I have two Dwyer 25 manometers. One in the flue before the baro, and one over the fire.

I drilled and tapped a 1/8 male x compression adapter into the smoke pipe and installed a NPT locknut, then ran 1/8" OD copper tube almost to the manometer then adapted the hose using a 1/8" compression x insert. I did the same on the bottom by drilling and tapping the inspection cover. A locknut isn't nessassary here because there's enough metal to keep things put.
Ernie

Feet and knees together

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

stoker_RI
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: WL 110 Boiler

Post Wed. Feb. 20, 2013 9:38 pm

plumber wrote:Don, what are you using to measure draft, the 460 that came with the boiler?

I have two Dwyer 25 manometers. One in the flue before the baro, and one over the fire.

I drilled and tapped a 1/8 male x compression adapter into the smoke pipe and installed a NPT locknut, then ran 1/8" OD copper tube almost to the manometer then adapted the hose using a 1/8" compression x insert. I did the same on the bottom by drilling and tapping the inspection cover. A locknut isn't nessassary here because there's enough metal to keep things put.
I have the exact same set up as you in the flue pipe with a Dwyer 25...in the base I have the 460....I drilled a hole in the top corner of the base and put the probe there...I also recently put the probe thru the hole in the view port door and the reading was the same..

I'm running closer to .02 base, .04-.05 up top now

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic and Steam)”