About New Automatic Coal Boiler. Ukrainian Manufacturer.

unhippy
Stoker Coal Boiler: MK2 #1

Post by unhippy » Mon. Apr. 09, 2018 6:54 am

Hmmmm....so it has a power-vent type fan rather than a forced induction combustion fan?

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Mon. Apr. 09, 2018 10:07 am

Hello Unhippy, There is a forced draft fan in the base of the stoker for the combustion air.
Its their version of the Axeman Anderson and AHS stoker with the solid traveling grate under the hopper.

They have a horizontal gate under the bin that closes off the coal supply when needed to let the fire die off.

Revonik
Stoker Coal Boiler: Own manufacturing. 40-50-130-250-630-1200-1500 kW
Coal Size/Type: 6-13mm, 13-25mm

Post by Revonik » Wed. Apr. 11, 2018 4:18 am

unhippy wrote:
Sun. Apr. 08, 2018 6:02 am
Interesting feed mechanism.....a pushblock that pushes the ash into the ash bin with gravity feeding fresh coal down to feed the fire?

Or am i barking up the wrong tree?
Correctly. The mechanism pushes the burning mass toward the box. Near the pusher, a little space is freed, where coal, thanks to gravity, is emitted. But coal falls in most parts not from the top of the combustion and from the side, it helps to avoid sharp jumps in productivity. The pusher is made of stainless steel and in the standby mode is in the safe zone. When the coal has low ash content, the pusher may not work for a very long time because the place of the burnt coal wakes up fresh. In case of excessive coking coal is a parameter that guarantees a certain frequency of ash pushing. It can be changed depending on the quality of the crowd. It is very important to provide fuel when it is really needed, this point is determined by the firmware. It monitors the boiler's performance, if the program sees that the performance has fallen - the program will give a command to supply fuel. I can make a video of how the fuel flow works for you.
lzaharis wrote:
Sun. Apr. 08, 2018 9:23 am
Nope, you are correct unhippy its just like the Keystoker horizontal flat grate stoker and the inclined grate stokers
but it has no underfed combustion grates as it has a huge forced draft volume of combustion air.
These units are just like the Stadler hand fed wood and coal boilers with the ash catchment below the fire.
In conventional boilers, air passes through the grate as there are holes in them. We do not have cast-iron or other grates, coal lies on a water-cooled table. I'm not familiar with boilers Stadler. Could you show their combustion scheme to understand the accuracy of the comparison? Thank you
Air is fed as much as needed for high-quality fuel combustion. For many years, observations have been made in the laboratory with measurements of the off-gas parameters. The coefficient of excess air averages 1.4-1.5 (alpha), with such parameters retain high efficiency and good environmental performance. If you apply too much air to the furnace - the efficiency of the boiler will go down.
unhippy wrote:
Mon. Apr. 09, 2018 6:54 am
Hmmmm....so it has a power-vent type fan rather than a forced induction combustion fan?
A smoke exhaust is installed between the boiler and the exhaust pipe. It creates a vacuum in the boiler. If there was a fan - it would just blow on top of the coal. A system with a smoke exhauster allows you to stretch air through the entire thickness of coal.

unhippy
Stoker Coal Boiler: MK2 #1

Post by unhippy » Wed. Apr. 11, 2018 4:40 am

I like it...

Its very different to the stoker unit that i built.....i do like the idea of an exhaust fan as one of the things that it does is keep dust inside the boiler firebox.

How does it handle clinker?

lzaharis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KAA-4-1 dual fuel boiler
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: former switzer CWW100-sold
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: kerosene for dual fuel Keystoker/unused

Post by lzaharis » Wed. Apr. 11, 2018 11:59 am

Hello Revonik,

The Stadler wood and coal boiler came in three sizes from what I remember as it was the first boiler I looked at but they had no local dealer by me.

Apparently the stadler wood and coal boilers are no longer made. From what I remember they used stove size anthracite and wood in the fire box.

It had a water filled sloped combustion chamber and it had water walls as well as a deep steam chest directly behind the sloped loading door. I do not believe it had a water wall in the rear of the firebox.

The flue gasses traveled over the sloped water wall and then down to the flue breech and then out to the chimney.

The ash and clinkers fell to the bottom through the gap above in the ash pit created by the sloped water walls above the ash pit and then fell into the ash pit.

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Wed. Apr. 11, 2018 1:54 pm

STADLER

This document makes no mention of coal...strictly wood for wood gasification technology.

http://www.wvterm.si/wp-content/uploads/heating-e ... ipment.pdf

And not a stoker either, but is hand fed only, other than a model of wood pellet version.
Due to their wood gas combustion technology, Stadler LT firewood
hot water central heating boilers enable energy saving heating. Boilers
are constructed for burning all types of wood and reach efficiencies
of over 90%. They are completely made in Slovenia, thus showing
high level of expertise. Development of the product brought such
improvement that our company was granted with the national patent
by the Slovenian Intellectual Property Office.
Needs translated, but here is a coal unit...still not a "stoker"

Coal / Wood Model HS, first one in listing:

http://termotehnika.rs/kotlovi/kotlovi_na_cvrsto_ ... tadler.php

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”