Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun. Oct. 21, 2012 3:04 pm
- Stove/Furnace Make: EFM
- Stove/Furnace Model: 350
- Location: North River, N.Y.
My EFM 350 has no case or insulation, refurbished . I was wondering what is the best insulation to use, and where to get it? I am thinking of making a metal case to enclose it. Any suggestions , ideas ? Thanks John
- Rob R.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 11354
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
- Location: Chazy, NY
Foil faced foam insulation and foil tape can do a pretty nice job if you take your time.