Coal Boilers WL-110 Vs KA-6 Vs EFM520 Vs VF-3000

331camaro
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker k6
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by 331camaro » Sat. Oct. 27, 2012 9:06 am

are the lines well insulated that go to the house? I spent the extra money and put the boiler out in my shop and I love not having to lug the coal up and down my basement stairs. seeing as you mentioned you have a pad there allready, could you build a small shed insulate, and toss which ever boiler you choose in there? to second the reliabilty I was worried about plumbing and wiring everything so my oil boiler could back up my keystoker if I had an outage, but now after being up and running for a month I am extremely confident in the boiler, I think all these boilers allthough they operate differently, you wont lose a fire unless the hopper runs out, or you lose power for a few hrs. I would base my decision on availability. I had a keystoker dealer just a few miles miles down the road who had a ka6 in stock ready to go. keep your eye in the classified section, every once in a while a good deal pops up in there for a used unit, good luck

mikey55
Stoker Coal Boiler: key stoker ka6

Post by mikey55 » Sat. Oct. 27, 2012 10:04 am

All I can say is I have been very happy with my ka6 keystoker. Heating costs half what my oil was. Other than a few self inflicted issues its been a great heating system. I also agree with what someone else said about dealers. I have a dealer 2 miles away so my choice was pretty easy. Also as someone mentioned this site is a great place for help and information.

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Mon. Oct. 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Look it all comes down to what is the best fit for you. Reliability has been absolutely of no concern for me on my third season with my LL110. It has had zero issues ti this point and as been said previously the pressure vessels are made by axeman anderson. So also don't overlook the LL220 as it is a little chaeper than the the K-6 and has more surface area so it will be more efficient for your load requirements. Also it is a little smaller in physical foot print. However in the end all these boilers are good units and the only real thing that matters, is that you are saving money burning coal

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”