It's a Baby Girl, Born 1954!

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Nov. 06, 2007 9:51 pm

Well I guess I had to endure my Axman Anderson envy just too long and finally did something about it. :nana:

I just purchased a 130M manufactured in 1954 and in pristine condition, it even has a brand new domestic hot water coil! toothy :woot: :flex:

It has been in a dry basement it's whole life and I am purchasing it from the original owner, I even got the sales brochure from 1951! Saturday I will be picking it up, is an easy winching out of the basement with my hydraulic tilt trailer (which already picked up an AA 260 for Ls Farm! :clap: )

Even cooler is that it is only 45 minutes away from where I live.. so no big deal to go pick up on Saturday. Already got the manuals and literature, auger assembly, a nice BG NV circulator, and all the other misc pieces removed (aquastats, gearbox, misc fittings, etc.).

I guess the two Gentleman Janitors I bought are going to be fixed up and sold this winter. :P

Attachments

P1010010.JPG

Axman Anderson 130M, just waiting for it's new home.

.JPG | 136.7KB | P1010010.JPG
P1010011.JPG

Little blury, sorry

.JPG | 144.4KB | P1010011.JPG
P1010012.JPG

Another view, note the new coil (plus a little rust where the old one leaked). Also parts removed are already home.

.JPG | 133.5KB | P1010012.JPG

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Tue. Nov. 06, 2007 10:29 pm

Yes And I Guess All of you A-A owners will have to start you own Special little Thread :lol: Congratulation On your find Matthaus It's a beauty And You are the Paper Shop King right in My back yard you lucky :devil: See you on Saturday I guess I will only need one bowl of Rice coal For Breakfast For this little one :lol:
Last edited by coal berner on Tue. Nov. 06, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Tue. Nov. 06, 2007 10:43 pm

Forgot to mention JCs help with the scouting party for purchase of the boiler, not to mention pick up on Saturday! :oops:

Thanks buddy! :clap:

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.

Post by coal berner » Tue. Nov. 06, 2007 11:26 pm

That's Ok I know you are Excited :junmp: Not to Mention All of that Good Deep mine coal I showed you and Helped you Get :drool:

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 2:33 am

Congrats on the find . If you need another hand to get in the way let me know I would like to see it . Oh shoot I am working nights Friday .If you plan on doing it later in the day I would be free .Dave

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 2:40 am

Flyer5 wrote:Congrats on the find . If you need another hand to get in the way let me know I would like to see it . Oh shoot I am working nights Friday .If you plan on doing it later in the day I would be free .Dave
Serves me right for not checking the papershop today . I'll give ya 800 for it :D .LOL Dave

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 2:42 am

Flyer5 wrote:Congrats on the find . If you need another hand to get in the way let me know I would like to see it . Oh shoot I am working nights Friday .If you plan on doing it later in the day I would be free .Dave
Well Flayer5 if you are coming all the way down here on saturday You
should run down to Keystoker it is only 38 miles from where the A-A is :?:

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 3:08 am

coal berner wrote:
Well Flayer5 if you are coming all the way down here on saturday You
should run down to Keystoker it is only 38 miles from where the A-A is :?:
I don't think they are open weekends .

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 6:47 am

Dave, I almost feel guilty (I said almost!). ;)

We are going down after lunch on Saturday (my 6 year old and I), you can meet me at my house if you want to come along. Just give me a call if you want. I don't think Keystoker is open on Saturday, but might be wrong. As JC said taking a walk around the factory and talking with the folks (he and I did that a few weeks back when I was down picking up coal) may help in your decision. In the mean time I'll keep my eyes open for another deal. :eek2:

This unit is going right into the basement, that way no temptation to make some money on it. :roll:

europachris

Post by europachris » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 8:25 am

You are obsessed! Plain and simple.

What's scary is that if I was in your neck of the woods, I'd be just as bad! I think it would be a blast to get all these old girls, fix them up like new, and try them all out to see "how it was done" back in the day.

That's amazing that you're purchasing it from the original owner and you have all the sales documentation also! You'll have to scan the brochure in and post it to the group here. I'd love to read it (or is it the same as what Axeman has posted on their website? LOL!)

Have you posted pics of the Gentleman Janitors? They were made in Scranton, I believe, and my father grew up in Clarks Green with a stoker furnace. He was pretty young then and doesn't recall what it was, except that it used pea coal and fed from the bin with the worm. I sent him a pic of an A-A, and he said that wasn't it. So, it would likely have to be one of the underfed units like an EFM, G.J., or Van Wert.

Chris

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 9:23 am

Yes Obsession is the correct diagnosis Dr. Chris! :alone: It is a rare but uncurable disease that afflicts the coal country bumpkins such as me. :sick: toothy :drool:

Will post pics of AA brochure when I get a chance to scan it. here is the thread of the GJ, that might be what your dad had. If it was not round on top that would be a Van Wert, EFM or ?

Installation Plans for the Gentleman Janitor (you have to go to page two to see the pics)

Although the GJs were usually run on Buckwheat from what I have heard.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 11:06 am

Matthaus wrote:Dave, I almost feel guilty (I said almost!). ;)

:
I bet !!! :) I taking my boiler and leaving .pout pout!

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 11:11 am

Matthaus wrote: We are going down after lunch on Saturday (my 6 year old and I), you can meet me at my house if you want to come along. Just give me a call if you want. I don't think Keystoker is open on Saturday, but might be wrong. As JC said taking a walk around the factory and talking with the folks (he and I did that a few weeks back when I was down picking up coal) may help in your decision. In the mean time I'll keep my eyes open for another deal. :eek2:

This unit is going right into the basement, that way no temptation to make some money on it. :roll:
Im working (well putting my time in ) Thur and Fri night get home at 8 am . So depending on how that goes I will have to let you know ,but as long as you don't mind its a plan . Dave

coal berner

Post by coal berner » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Keystoker is open from 7-11am on saturday morning and Remember I am the local Coal Breaker / Beer / stove & Stoker Tour Guide :lol: By the way They Are Celabrating there 61 Year in business 1946 since they open the doors :happy:
http://www.keystoker.com/

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 07, 2007 12:55 pm

We'll plan on doing it around 2:00 that way you can get some sleep. The keystoker tour can happen another day (sounds like you won't be up between 7 and 11 :lol: )... now the tilting of pristine 12 0z fermented hops and malt libations can definitely happen. :cheers:

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”