Thank You to AHS and Grainger for Excellent Customer Service

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post by watkinsdr » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 7:28 am

Here's a big thank you going out to AHS customer service. Last Satuday morning 11/19 when I went to use my coal auger in manual mode, basically for the second time, the Dayton gear drive electric motor (p/n: 1LPP4A) motor mounts completely shattered under initial start-up load. I removed the motor and assumed the auger was clogged; but, with a pipe wrench found the auger turned fairly easily. I called AHS Monday morning 11/21, and Darren quickly got a replacement motor sent out under warranty. I received the replacement motor assembly Wednesday afternoon 11/23, got the unit installed, and my auger is now working like a champ! Props out to AHS customer service for standing by their product! As for the Dayton gear drive electric motor assembly---I think they need to double check their quality...

As a fall back plan; just in case AHS didn't come through, I ordered another Dayton unit from Grainger in parallel. This unit arrived Tuesday 11/22; but, I didn't install this unit, being patient waiting for the replacement part from AHS. Fortunately I didn't need the motor from Grainger; so, I returned the motor at my local Grainger store in Manchester, NH yesterday. The Grainger folks took the unused Dayton motor back; and, even refunded the shipping costs too. Props out to Grainger for their customer support too!!
Last edited by watkinsdr on Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 7:47 am

Don't you love it when it becomes a "Win-Win". Grainger is the 'go-to' supplier for me for 30 years now. Sick of that SS liner? Tomorrow is the day of extraction.........Cudos to AHS for excellent service, also.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”