Here's a big thank you going out to AHS customer service. Last Satuday morning 11/19 when I went to use my coal auger in manual mode, basically for the second time, the Dayton gear drive electric motor (p/n: 1LPP4A) motor mounts completely shattered under initial start-up load. I removed the motor and assumed the auger was clogged; but, with a pipe wrench found the auger turned fairly easily. I called AHS Monday morning 11/21, and Darren quickly got a replacement motor sent out under warranty. I received the replacement motor assembly Wednesday afternoon 11/23, got the unit installed, and my auger is now working like a champ! Props out to AHS customer service for standing by their product! As for the Dayton gear drive electric motor assembly---I think they need to double check their quality...
As a fall back plan; just in case AHS didn't come through, I ordered another Dayton unit from Grainger in parallel. This unit arrived Tuesday 11/22; but, I didn't install this unit, being patient waiting for the replacement part from AHS. Fortunately I didn't need the motor from Grainger; so, I returned the motor at my local Grainger store in Manchester, NH yesterday. The Grainger folks took the unused Dayton motor back; and, even refunded the shipping costs too. Props out to Grainger for their customer support too!!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Sat. Mar. 17, 2007 6:29 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
- Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
- Other Heating: Oil HWBB
- Location: Central NH, Concord area
Don't you love it when it becomes a "Win-Win". Grainger is the 'go-to' supplier for me for 30 years now. Sick of that SS liner? Tomorrow is the day of extraction.........Cudos to AHS for excellent service, also.