Installation Manuals...

kstills
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue. Jan. 18, 2011 6:41 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Location: New Britain, PA

Post Wed. Mar. 30, 2011 9:13 am

:help:

:whistle:

:)

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

User avatar
WNY
Member
Posts: 5864
Joined: Mon. Nov. 14, 2005 8:40 am
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon
Location: Cuba, NY
Contact:

Post Wed. Mar. 30, 2011 5:09 pm

?? For what? Since this is posted in the LL section, I assume you are looking for a LL Manual?
They have this manual online
http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/Manual_Warranty.html

User avatar
freetown fred
Member
Posts: 21572
Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
Location: Freetown,NY 13803

Post Wed. Mar. 30, 2011 5:34 pm

And that's why there's profiles, so people know what the heck you're talkin about--amazing how many people could help with the correct info

User avatar
Matthaus
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon. Oct. 02, 2006 8:59 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA

Post Wed. Mar. 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Patience Grasshopper! :)

We have sold almost 20 of these units without a specific manual for the coal side (there is a complete manual for the AA boiler and the oil gun), but you get something much better, 24-7 phone support from the designer. So in the final analysis there have been no complaints that I'm aware of regarding support after the sale to get the boiler up and running.

On another note the manual is close, I have a side project of finishing the phase one revamp of the stove manual first, but should have a published version soon (yeah I know has been a long time and I have been saying the same thing all along.... so eventually that has to be right! ;)

kstills
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue. Jan. 18, 2011 6:41 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Location: New Britain, PA

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 9:59 am

Matthaus wrote:Patience Grasshopper! :)

We have sold almost 20 of these units without a specific manual for the coal side (there is a complete manual for the AA boiler and the oil gun), but you get something much better, 24-7 phone support from the designer. So in the final analysis there have been no complaints that I'm aware of regarding support after the sale to get the boiler up and running.

On another note the manual is close, I have a side project of finishing the phase one revamp of the stove manual first, but should have a published version soon (yeah I know has been a long time and I have been saying the same thing all along.... so eventually that has to be right! ;)
And where might that manual be for the AA unit? I might have missed it, since I was looking for the 110k manual. :)

kstills
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue. Jan. 18, 2011 6:41 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Location: New Britain, PA

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 10:00 am

WNY wrote:?? For what? Since this is posted in the LL section, I assume you are looking for a LL Manual?
They have this manual online
http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/Manual_Warranty.html
Nah, I'm looking for the boiler manual. It's amazing how picky the installers can be about quoting a price when they are 'guessing' about what will be required. :(

User avatar
Rob R.
Site Moderator
Posts: 11501
Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
Location: Chazy, NY

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 11:53 am

Just get the AA manual and have them quote it based on that. I can't see what the big hang-up is on their part, it will be installed just like any other boiler.

User avatar
Rick 386
Member
Posts: 2474
Joined: Mon. Jan. 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA 260 heating both sides of twin farmhouse
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Hyfire II w/ coaltrol in garage
Coal Size/Type: Pea in AA 260, Rice in LL Hyfire II
Other Heating: Gas fired infared at work
Location: Royersford, Pa
Contact:

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 1:23 pm

kstills

Sent you a pm

Rick

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

User avatar
Matthaus
Verified Business Rep.
Posts: 1929
Joined: Mon. Oct. 02, 2006 8:59 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite
Location: Wilkes Barre, PA

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 1:46 pm

kstills wrote:And where might that manual be for the AA unit? I might have missed it, since I was looking for the 110k manual. :)
Its in the manilla envelope with the beckett manual, another task I have in the wings is scanning it and getting it on the web site

User avatar
beatle78
Member
Posts: 1026
Joined: Wed. Oct. 03, 2007 1:46 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker KA-4
Location: Rhode Island

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Matthaus wrote:We have sold almost 20 of these units without a specific manual for the coal side (there is a complete manual for the AA boiler and the oil gun), but you get something much better, 24-7 phone support from the designer. So in the final analysis there have been no complaints that I'm aware of regarding support after the sale to get the boiler up and running.
I'de take that any day! I hate to read! :D

Have your installer call Matt! It might save you money once Matt demystifies the stoker boiler for him.

User avatar
jpen1
Member
Posts: 614
Joined: Sat. Nov. 04, 2006 4:46 pm
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: 110 Boiler
Location: Bloomsburg, PA

Post Thu. Mar. 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Any installer worrth there salt should be able to give an estimate by looking at your sytem and the boiler. If you need help all you need to do is ask. We'll get you through the install.

kstills
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue. Jan. 18, 2011 6:41 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Location: New Britain, PA

Post Fri. Apr. 01, 2011 9:01 am

freetown fred wrote:And that's why there's profiles, so people know what the heck you're talkin about--amazing how many people could help with the correct info
In the post directly below yours, I've reached my target audience. :)

kstills
Member
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue. Jan. 18, 2011 6:41 am
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Location: New Britain, PA

Post Fri. Apr. 01, 2011 9:06 am

jpen1 wrote:Any installer worrth there salt should be able to give an estimate by looking at your sytem and the boiler. If you need help all you need to do is ask. We'll get you through the install.
I've been giving this some thought. I have until next November or so to get this up and running, I am fairly confident working around the house, and the bulk of the system is in place (I'll be leaving my old boiler in line).

With all that said, I'm seriously considering tackling the job myself. Seems I can join the black iron with copper, so most of the install will be doing plumbing I'm already comfortable with. The only major problems I see is the controls (hopefully something along the lines of "insert blue wire here, red wire there" kind of instructions), modifying the black iron, and installing a new air diaphragm expansion tank.

I'll be posting pics of the current setup so that you folks can critique the idea I have, and see if this is something a novice can handle (caveat, novice at boiler installation).

User avatar
freetown fred
Member
Posts: 21572
Joined: Thu. Dec. 31, 2009 12:33 pm
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut
Location: Freetown,NY 13803

Post Fri. Apr. 01, 2011 9:44 am

Just one old guys opinion,but, for somebody that wants, wants, wants, one would think that asking for a little info from you wouldn't be that big of a deal. Me thinks you would make a great soldier toothy We are what we are :(
kstills wrote:
freetown fred wrote:And that's why there's profiles, so people know what the heck you're talkin about--amazing how many people could help with the correct info
In the post directly below yours, I've reached my target audience. :)

User avatar
stoker_RI
Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue. Dec. 28, 2010 2:01 pm
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: WL 110 Boiler
Location: Northern RI

Post Fri. Apr. 01, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm installing mine myself...taking my time doing it...most of my issues have to do with revamping my plumbing arrangement, which was not done in a very efficient manner...so I am working to re-vamp that...many people are here to help if you ask...I have asked and gotten great help. If you are comfortable with the plumbing, there should be nothing you can't tackle...I've researched the controls very much...and can help you with that...the aquastat on the LL110 is a HW7224C, which is really just the latest version of the common HW L8124..it just has more bells and whistles...it would help if you provided the components of your current system in order to get the right help to you.

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

Post Reply

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”