Keystoker KA-6

Stoker Coal Boilers automatically feed the coal and have controls and pumps just like any conventions boiler. They are intended to be used as a primary heat and often have domestic hot water coils as an added bonus. They can be set up independently or in dual sytem with your existing oil/gas boiler. They can accommodate both hot water base board or steam plumbing.
McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek

Post Sun. Feb. 20, 2011 11:06 pm

On the same chart where the Sq. Ft. is referenced it also states...

"Recommend Load"
"Feet of Radiation"..

Steam= 420'
and Hot Water= 675'

I don't know, could Sq. Ft. be for Radiant Panel installations???...or is that how Cast Iron Radiators are measured???
SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 11:44 am

McGiever wrote:On the same chart where the Sq. Ft. is referenced it also states...

"Recommend Load"
"Feet of Radiation"..

Steam= 420'
and Hot Water= 675'

I don't know, could Sq. Ft. be for Radiant Panel installations???...or is that how Cast Iron Radiators are measured???
Square feet of radiation is another way of measuring BTUH capacity of radiators. For Steam 1 sq. ft. equals 240 btuh. For hot water 1 sq. ft. equal 185 btuh at 190 deg. F. hot water.
Steamup

"You must learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself."
Sam Levenson
"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
Albert Einstein

Visit Alternate Heating Sytems

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Coal Size/Type: PEA / ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump
Stove/Furnace Make: Hydro Heat /Mega Tek

Post Mon. Feb. 21, 2011 1:39 pm

steamup wrote:
McGiever wrote:On the same chart where the Sq. Ft. is referenced it also states...

"Recommend Load"
"Feet of Radiation"..

Steam= 420'
and Hot Water= 675'

Square feet of radiation is another way of measuring BTUH capacity of radiators. For Steam 1 sq. ft. equals 240 btuh. For hot water 1 sq. ft. equal 185 btuh at 190 deg. F. hot water.
Ahhh, Radiators are measured in Sq. Ft. and Fin Tube can be measured in Linear Feet.
SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE

wilder11354
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Harman SF260 Boiler
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Coal Size/Type: nut or pea, anthracite
Other Heating: crown oil boiler, backup.if needed

Post Wed. Feb. 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks for the link to crown boilers. It had the information I was looking for for converting linear to sq foot load.

So this keystoker is more than enough, heck I can even add another zone or two. Which will be great, because want to put a 25x30 addition on house in a few years, with lots of windows(greenhouse effect) on southern side. Family room that has a lot of outdoors in it from windows, leading on to deck. I have about 250 sq ft load output to use for this. This wont be maxing out boiler specs , it includes an 10% overage for load output.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic and Steam)”