6 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2810
- Joined: Tue. Sep. 04, 2007 10:14 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
- Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite
- Location: Dalton, MA
I have a refurbed 520 Highboy firetube boiler I'm planning to list for sale one of these days, so you'll have a chance to order one. I think EFM switched over to the plate design sometime in the 1960's.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 8332
- Joined: Sat. Feb. 10, 2007 9:48 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
- Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
- Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
- Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert
- Location: Stillwater, New Jersey
JC will tell us when as soon as he sees this thread. In the meantime you can look at these:
- coal berner
- Posts: 3590
- Joined: Tue. Jan. 09, 2007 12:44 am
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
- Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
- Stove/Furnace Model: DF520
- Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
From 1980 to present all are Plate Heat exchanger boilers They made both Tubes and Plates heat exchangers boilers in the 60s 70s From 1948 threw 50s Tubes. There were 4 manufactures That made boilers for EFM - Fitz-gibbon - Lo - line - Cobco - Kirkland - General Machine / EFM one and the same . EFM also made the Fire Jet Flate bed stoker boiler.eskimo wrote:what year was the 520 fire tube discontinued and the plate version started, or can you order both versions today?
Last edited by coal berner on Sat. Aug. 21, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.