AHS S130 Hopper Condensation, Lid-Less Operation?

TimW

Post by TimW » Mon. Oct. 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Sure thing Wood'nCoal... I'll give you a call and we can set something up. I'm looking forward to meeting you. Also, I very much appreciate you making your manometer available. It will be good to either rule out the draft as a concern or figure out if I need to address the issue.

I'll talk with you soon. Thanks.

TimW

Post by TimW » Mon. Oct. 26, 2009 10:03 pm

whistlenut wrote:It won't be dust, more like crunchy breakfast cereal. I'd say for every 100 lbs ingested, you will expel about 20 to the ash pan....unless you use some as "NEPA Grits". It is hard on the teeth, and requires more liquid.....drys the throat they say.

Your condensation issue would seem to be from wet coal, there is no other water source available to make the moisture.
....always strange things happening some of have never seen in 30 years! :idea: :shock: :roll:
Thanks for the 100:20 ratio... that'll make me feel better about not throwing good coal aside. Now, I got my start on grits while away at school in TX... can't say as I've ever had real homemade "NEPA grits" before! :D

I'm still wondering about the condensation issue. I've got a pretty wet hopper and sulphur smell. I'm not opening my coal bags and letting the dry out a bit before dumping them in the hopper. I'll keep an eye on the problem and see if it goes away with the use of dry coal.

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”