EFM 520 Install With Skid/Bulk Bags Feed

vermontday
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520

Post by vermontday » Mon. Sep. 26, 2022 10:12 pm

Thank you for your recommendation Bob.

An advantage of the skid/supersack system is would be easy to try different fuels, should someone find something promising. Fuels can be changed on the fly.

Chris years ago tried corn, I don't know if he tried peach pits or any other fuels.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Tue. Sep. 27, 2022 4:41 am

Outstanding!! Also Glad You're Still Around!!👍

swyman
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson 260M Leisure Line AA-220 Boiler (FOR SALE)
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Pea

Post by swyman » Tue. Sep. 27, 2022 7:18 am

Hambden Bob wrote:
Sat. Sep. 24, 2022 3:15 am
Greetings,Gang! I thought it would be a sound choice to reawaken vermontday's most excellent thread on using "Supersack Technology" from long ago! The Man did the work,and was good enough to share it here! He deserves any and all accolades for his thoughtfulness and generosity. Swyman brought Supersack's up in a seperate topic thread,so I felt this would help out New Folks,as well as the Old Breed here! Enjoy,and don't forget to Thank vermontday....
I really appreciate you directing me to this thread Hambden Bob and Vermontday for coming up with this idea! I was origially going to build basically a gantry crane in the basement to lift the bags over a small box like you have here but other than using a chain fall, electric powered hoists are a little pricey. My Axeman auger doesn't come in flat like the EFM but I will just have to make the auger box a little taller so won't be an issue. What I did find an issue was room, I could either move the boiler and buy a cheap (craigslist or marketplace) pallet jack or leave the boiler and spend a little more $$ for a new 36" pallet jack which is what I did. A shorter jack will get me into place! Enough rambling, just wanted to thank you guys as this will be the easiest and most cost effective way for me to feed this thing.... oh and can't forget the only reason I'm doing this, DUST FREE! I will make a small thread for those interested to follow as I move forward. Take care!

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Wed. Sep. 28, 2022 6:38 am

To Good!! Hey,I "Live To Serve"!!😂🤪🤣 In these Assinine Times,We "Sure As Hell" get alot more accomplished if We're All Yankin' On The Rope Together Here!

Return to “Stoker Coal Boilers Using Anthracite (Hydronic & Steam)”