Oil Prices Fall Below $90 Amid Financial Crisis Worries

TimV
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Older Ashley Cabinet ( pre US Stove gobble up)
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Energy King 480 EK
Coal Size/Type: Warm weather smaller coal. Cold weather larger coal.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace Backup when repairs are needed

Post by TimV » Fri. Oct. 17, 2008 6:52 pm

Just imagine... :!: This is a perfect world and the Greed mongers would not be allowed to manipulate the prices on a product that damn near caused a world depression(it may still happen)(You cant blame housing 100%) and we just said :mad: 'take your triple priced oil andfloat it back to sandland and eat it....How many days of no off-loading before they would be selling below $40 ? If we could just stop its for days on out terms it would totally break the stranglehold they have on us...Slap me ..its time to wake up :P

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Sat. Oct. 18, 2008 8:06 am

Tim it does sound nice but it will never drop to $40 a barrel again. OPEC has called an emergency meeting to discus cutting back on oil production because of the loss value that has happen per barrel of oil. They are not happy with not getting $100+ per barrel of oil.

tiogaglide

Post by tiogaglide » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 11:34 am

I have a fuel Oil back up furnace.I called the fuel company for a delivery.They said the price was $3.89 /gallon.The diesel fuel at the pumps is $3.50 / gallon.After I saw that, I canceled the delivery. What the heck is going on with these guys.Their price has not gone down at all.With most of North East heating with fuel oil, how can they tax that higher than Diesel?? People are dumping the oil burners switching to LP. I don't think thats going to save much.You can get Off road diesel at 2/3 price.But only farmers and construction companies can get that.Not the working class or fixed income to heat their homes. Its $1000 dollars for one furnace tankfull. It has gotten way out of control now.I can see taxing gas or truck fuel.But heating oil? Nobody does anything,they say oh its George Bush's fault. But our local congress and senate, Dem or Rep just don't do anything! They can figure out how much it cost to make fuel oil and put controls on price ,but they won't. It does not matter who's in white house, its who's in the Legislative branch. Price is not going to go down if Obama wins.Nor probley if MCcain. Every one can't burn coal or wood.The electric companies in North East use fuel oil to generate power.The new nucular plants was killed 30 years ago.Now we are stuck with coal and oil fired plants.

kootch88
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by kootch88 » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 11:37 am

Filled up last Friday for $2.39 a gallon of #2 heating oil in Southern Maine.

catdog

Post by catdog » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 6:58 pm

T-I-M-B-E-R DOWN SHE GOES WHERE IT STOPS NOBODY KNOWS.....ER $10 WOULD BE NICE :D
$67.00 BBL TODAY WILL LIKELY OVER SHOOT ON DOWNSIDE AS ALWAYS. I SEE IT LEVELING OFF @ $30-35
COAL SHOULD FOLLOW IT DOWN AFTER A LAG TIME.

catdog

Post by catdog » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 7:01 pm

tiogaglide wrote:I have a fuel Oil back up furnace.I called the fuel company for a delivery.They said the price was $3.89 /gallon.The diesel fuel at the pumps is $3.50 / gallon.After I saw that, I canceled the delivery. What the heck is going on with these guys.Their price has not gone down at all.With most of North East heating with fuel oil, how can they tax that higher than Diesel?? People are dumping the oil burners switching to LP. I don't think thats going to save much.You can get Off road diesel at 2/3 price.But only farmers and construction companies can get that.Not the working class or fixed income to heat their homes. Its $1000 dollars for one furnace tankfull. It has gotten way out of control now.I can see taxing gas or truck fuel.But heating oil? Nobody does anything,they say oh its George Bush's fault. But our local congress and senate, Dem or Rep just don't do anything! They can figure out how much it cost to make fuel oil and put controls on price ,but they won't. It does not matter who's in white house, its who's in the Legislative branch. Price is not going to go down if Obama wins.Nor probley if MCcain. Every one can't burn coal or wood.The electric companies in North East use fuel oil to generate power.The new nucular plants was killed 30 years ago.Now we are stuck with coal and oil fired plants.
YOU BETTER CALL AROUND DON'T LET THEM STICK IT TO YOU CALL AROUND!! PAY NO MORE THAN $2.50/GAL :D

av8r
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Hearth with twin turbos (sounds like it)

Post by av8r » Wed. Oct. 22, 2008 7:35 pm

If you buy it here using the citizens action pricing it's $2.74/gallon. .74 more if not.

riderman

Post by riderman » Sun. Oct. 26, 2008 1:04 am

We are the bread basket of the world, arent we? If OPEC wants to curtail production\output of oil to the world, why cant we curtail output wheat or corn in the same manner? At least add tarrifs to the our corn and wheat sold to the oil producing countries. I'd like to see them grow crops in Saudi, Iran, etc. Mayby we can make a deal, don't screw us on crude, we wont screw you on food... LOL

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Sun. Oct. 26, 2008 6:46 am

Freddy wrote:all it takes is one glitch anywhere in the world and zoom, back up they go. A storm, a terrorist attack, a leaky ship, a refinery burns, and we'll looking at $5 a gallon the next morning.
Don't forget the real cause of huge gasoline /home heating fuel price increases here in the U.S......... The end of a Presidential election cycle!.....That ALWAYS causes a veritable storm of GREED to reemerge. ;)

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”