propane cost

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Tue. Jul. 05, 2022 4:12 pm

i finally ordered top of o a 1000 gallon propane tank for border months of heating season i was surprised /1.67 gallon

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Jul. 05, 2022 4:27 pm

franpipeman wrote:
Tue. Jul. 05, 2022 4:12 pm
i finally ordered top of o a 1000 gallon propane tank for border months of heating season i was surprised /1.67 gallon
The spot price of propane has come down a lot since March. Your supplier may also have secured good pricing before things went nuts in the spring.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Tue. Jul. 05, 2022 9:01 pm

franpipeman wrote:
Tue. Jul. 05, 2022 4:12 pm
I locked in a price almost twice that for the coming year. But I use only 250 gallons a year, and the dealer owns the tank, so I'm lucky to get that price in this area. Facebook showed me an ad intended for propane dealers, suggesting that the dealers install large tanks wherever possible so they can cut costs by delivering less frequently and at their (the dealers') convenience. A few years ago I looked into buying my own large tank, but no dealers in this area admitted to being aware of the concept. :roll:

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Wed. Jul. 06, 2022 7:37 am

Bigger tanks can have their downfalls. One of my friends had his 1000 gallon tank leak out when a fitting broke (probably froze) and he didnt smell it. I think its about $1.50 here now.

This link shows prices of a lot of things but it is linked to propane and updates a lot. I think its wholesale price. https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/propane

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”