CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 7:31 am

hotblast1357 wrote:
Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 7:11 am
You don’t have access to some type of trailer? Lift and put it on the trailer, then strap down and tow safely with pickup, lift it with lifting straps, do not use the eyelets with a full tank, there only for lifting empty tanks.
My Excursion is down at the moment. I could force it with the bad injectors, but haven't used it or the trailer for about 3 years, since I've been battling this latest cancer and the surgeries. Everything just stopped.

But since the Good Lord granted me extra time and healing, I'm trying to get this stuff all done while I can.

At only 800yds, I can either risk the lift and load it, then have to unload it again, or make one very secure lift and just crawl it to the new destination.

Quite honestly, crawling in and out of the machine is almost above my physical capability at the moment. I'm being stubborn doing this, LOL. So the less up and down and such I do, the better. I could end up doing the lift over 2 days, depending how I feel.

I initially considered borrowing a rollback and winching or lifting it on. But then realized the liquid propane would ALL go to one end against the valve(s), which is my main concern with moving it anyways. I could still end up doing it that way if necessary. Depends how my balance is with the loader and hoe stretched out a bit- perhaps with a scoop of dirt in the hoe.

If you feel a quake and a faint glow on the horizon, you'll know it didn't go as planned. LOL

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 7:41 am

C, you BETTER post pix after all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

CoalisCoolxWarm

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 7:51 am

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 7:41 am
C, you BETTER post pix after all this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I intend to, LOL. I might even go get my backhoe tomorrow. It's about 30 mins to drive it home over a really high hill that maxes out about 18% grade. I won't allow anyone else to drive it up or down that hill, just in case. Supposed to rain, but most of the snow should be gone as it's supposed to be up to 40 today and stay above freezing until tomorrow eve.

I don't really have a way to make video, except duct tape and my phone. Probably not going to do that. Have you ever tried to get duct tape out of your hair??? :lol:

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 8:04 am

No, but one time I wrapped my pony tail in a creeper wheel while working under a 450 crawler--had to get up holding creeper & getting to the house & had the old lady un-wrap me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least mine was an un-wrap & not a un-stick!! OUCH on both!!! double LOL

CoalisCoolxWarm

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 8:22 am

freetown fred wrote:
Wed. Dec. 23, 2020 8:04 am
No, but one time I wrapped my pony tail in a creeper wheel while working under a 450 crawler--had to get up holding creeper & getting to the house & had the old lady un-wrap me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least mine was an un-wrap & not a un-stick!! OUCH on both!!! double LOL
Hahaha!!! I'd give a 6-pack to see that. You interested in a re-enactment? I'll work the camera. LOL.

Keep on rollin' buddy. Never give up. Thank the Lord for each day on the topside ;)

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”