Tar and Feathering Lying CEO's

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 2:23 pm

This is a coal forum, so I thought it might be okay to suggest...tongue in cheek...that we tar and feather lying CEO's on the other side; specifically Blue Rhino Propane.

Have you ever read their slogan: It's Not Just Propane?

Really, then what the heck else is it? That is what I want to know? Propane and a tank? Maybe, but if you did not have a tank, you would not have propane, you would have a leak...

And if they mean it is about using propane to grill food on a Sunday afternoon, they need a lesson in grammar because it should read "It's not just ABOUT propane." But they did not put that down for a slogan.

It just makes you wonder what kind of Chief Executive Officer allowed that slogan? You just know they had some big corporate meeting, gathering around a mahogany table of coffee and donuts to figure out what their slogan was going to be. And to think THIS is what they came up with? Worse yet, a collection of people probably agreed that it was pretty good, and some CEO put his stamp of approval on it.

Now Blashak Coal, yeah they can say that if they want to, because "Its not just coal." No it is anthracite coal, or bit coal, or even lignite coal perhaps, but it is not just coal.

I asked the propane guy dropping off propane at Walmart what he thought of the slogan, and he said he had never thought about it before, but after a moment to hear my view of it, he thought I was right; it does not make a lot of sense. He wanted to keep his job so he did not feel like tarring an feathering his boss that day, but I think it would sure make the board of directors take notice. I can hear the weekly board meeting now, "well in new business, we did not get sued this week, but Bruce did get tarred and feathered by a bunch of coal-burners who have good grammar, and took issue with our slogan..."

I'll go grab some feathers...

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:08 pm

Who was it N--Simon & Garfunkel?? "Still Crazy After All These Years" LOL Tars a comin!!

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:42 pm

Maybe just an adverse reaction to pain meds?

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:48 pm

I was thinkin that Glen but realized I was not the one to mention it!!!! LOL Ya done good N. :)

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:54 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:08 pm
Who was it N--Simon & Garfunkel?? "Still Crazy After All These Years" LOL Tars a comin!!
the album of the same name by Paul Simon, recorded in studio. lots of good cuts on there.

cabinover
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Post by cabinover » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 4:40 pm

One of the local LP dealers here closes their ads with "Proctor Gas, we have roots in the area, not just branches." Pretty catchy.

NoSmoke
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 8:29 pm

gaw wrote:
Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 3:42 pm
Maybe just an adverse reaction to pain meds?
I cannot be the only one that reads a slogan like this and thinks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more about it then I probably should. (LOL)

As for tarring and feathering, we have not done that in my town for a few weeks, so we are itching for a little coal tar application.

We used to burn them at the stake, but good gracious man; all those wasted BTU's! (LOL)

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Feb. 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Damn N, you'd fit right in here in Freetown!!! LOL

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 7:46 am

It is interesting where I live because it shares two United States feats. It swaps these out with other towns of course year to year, but averaged out we get a distinguished by these two facts:

1) By statistics, and per capita; we have the lowest crime rate in the country.

2) By statistics, and per capita; we are the most poverty stricken in all of the USA.

I kind of always knew the first, but I was not aware of the second until last year. It makes sense I guess, but I just thought towns in Appalachia or in the deep south would beat us out, but that is not the case.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 8:03 am

N, we are also in the tail end of Appalachia--I also was not aware of this--poverty??? YEP--right here in Agriculture based Freetown--the biggest advantage we have here (it's a Town thing) when ya hit 65--property taxes are cut 50% & school taxes are minimal--$5.00 last year--the STARR program helps with that--I think it's based on income??? --IF ya live that long!! LOL so much for the FREE in Freetown

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 9:03 am

NS, check out the stats on Pine Ridge Reservation for income and life expectancy and Im sure they have you beat a few times over.

FF, thats interesting that your property taxes are cut when you hit 65. Ive always considered property tax as the worst tax there is behind inheretance tax. You never really own something your paying for (property tax) as they take it away if you cant pay even if you own it outright. We can get refunds here but its based entirely on income, not age.

freetown fred

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 11:09 am

With that property tax cut W, I'm guessin I own the old homestead about 1/2 more then I did before I hit 65!!!!!!!! LOL ( I've seen to many people lose their properties due to taxes--takin by the COUNTY & auctioned off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't seem right to me either--most these have been small family farms where the owners have pretty much put every penny back into their farms--gets to the point where the old guys just say fck it & let it go. :cry:

NoSmoke

Post by NoSmoke » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 11:39 am

Towns will never take your property here. They say they will, but it is just a way to scare the banks into paying the taxes for the landowners, and then they put the taxes on the end of the loan, and so the taxes end up getting financed through the loan itself. They have the right to take property, and in years past they did, but they never would today.

Myself, I have property in (5) different towns in (2) states so I pay some serious property taxes, but I always felt it was an honor to pay them. It stings, but that is just how society operates, and has since the 1600's.

I run my household like a business anyway, as I write down every penny spent, and have for 12 years, and can get receipts to prove it for those 12 years, and I run my farm the same. I just figure I have a partner in those two things, and that is the government, and they get their cut. It is just how it works, so nothing is ever your own. The supreme court has ruled too many times on that very issue to think otherwise. Coming to that realization just saves a lot of animosity

It does bother me that there are so many back-door deals now. It is too the point where nobody knows what the other is doing, so in political circles, this person attacks their opposition, but with so many backdoor deals, no one really knows if it is just like they say it is, or if some spin has been put on it.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sun. Feb. 23, 2020 4:36 pm

in every political situation if one is accusing the other, there is 2 sides of the story that can be supported with the very same evidence and there IS spin applied from both sides just like ping pong

you got to be careful about where the "serve" came from to calculate advantage

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”