Gas coming to our neighborhood

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Thu. Jan. 24, 2019 9:36 pm

I would consider resale value too. How long you want to move coal as you get older, and like he said above cost..

Whats your best bet over the next 20 years..

mof1964
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Coal Chubby

Post by mof1964 » Sat. Jan. 26, 2019 8:04 am

Well we are seriously considering tapping into the gas line after some lengthy discussion. I am going to try to negotiate a better hookup price. I talked with my sister who lives as the other end of town and switched to natural gas 2 years ago and she says they did not pay that much to get hooked up.
Her husband and his company ( HVAC guys) installed the gas boiler along with a natural gas generator. She told me that her gas bills in the coldest months so far living there have been max of $125 per month and then over warmer months till late October when they turn heat on is about 20 to 25 per month. They don't spend a $1000 a year to heat the house - hot water baseboard- and the hot water for showers,laundry etc .

We don't plan on moving. I own a business in town, my kids are still in high school and we have nice cape cod style home that we can stay here till we die. Plus, the inlaws live across the street.

we also have a chubby hand fired stove in the family room for supplemental heat but it actually does a pretty good job of heating the entire first floor.
not sure if we just tap in or we put in the gas boiler right away.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”