Antique Gas Stove

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Mon. Oct. 29, 2018 6:52 am

My wife Katie gets absolutely giddy when she sees old stoves, so when we were at a local stove shop looking for legs for our 1893 Pot Bellied Stove, she fell in love with a antique gas cook stove. The woman selling it had just said that they had to buy back (2) antique gas stoves because the propane companies here will not hook up old stoves for "liability" reasons. She said she would sell every one of them for half off.

Always one to pay in cash, and have money on hand, I told her I would give her cash for the stove, right then, for half off. She took the deal, and so off we went with this stove, a 1917 Crawford.

We do not use the oven as it is hard to regulate compared to todays ovens granted. Instead we bought an electric wall oven and use that for baking, but most of our cooking is stove top type cooking anyway. Overall we just love it. Massive burners. A lower height for lifting big pots onto. A nice look for our 1930's era kitchen. What is not to love?

(BTW: The only reason we got an electric oven is because the gas wall ovens are really small, only 30 inches and we have a big family so we needed something bigger so we had to go with electric)
DSCN5251.JPG
.JPG | 358.5KB | DSCN5251.JPG
DSCN5254.JPG
.JPG | 440.3KB | DSCN5254.JPG

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Mon. Oct. 29, 2018 6:55 am

Oh...that was Katie dressed up in her 1930's outfit to match her 1930's era kitchen.

stovehospital

Post by stovehospital » Mon. Sep. 02, 2019 5:40 pm

Your stove can be brought up to code with insulation, thermostat, safety systems etc. It can even have flash tubes on the surface to light automatically. I have one and my son has one in his kitchen. Emery

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”