Please help with information on boiler

oldbay
Stoker Coal Boiler: Freedom Boiler Eliminator 36

Post by oldbay » Sat. Dec. 16, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi, New here. Probably in the wrong place. I am desperately seeking any information or manuels you can provide on a used stove I purchased. I've exhausted all my avenues. Its a Freedom Wood fired Boiler, Model: Eliminator36. Made in PA. Company went out of business and has left no footprint or paper trail that I can find. I have looked in many different forums without any luck. The man I purchased it from said he had all paperwork. Upon pickup he could find nothing. I don't know anything about the BTU, water capacity, recommended water additives and antifreeze requirements, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Dec. 17, 2017 7:29 am

Post up some pics. We have geniuses sitting around waiting for something to do! :D

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Sun. Dec. 17, 2017 7:51 am

This is an outdoor boiler I think. If I recall correctly, Freedom was started by a brother who was in the same family that builds the Mahoning line of outdoor boilers up in Mahaffey. For whatever reason he was displeased with the arrangement and left the company to begin manufacturing his own line. I think it was a rather short lived venture as there are not many around here but I do know of a few. I think that after the company fell through, Mahoning picked up the warranty work for the remaining boilers in service, although I’m not 100% sure.

If it were me, I would perhaps contact Mahoning, I feel sure they could at least steer you in the right direction.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”