coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 8:22 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NewPowa-100-Watt-100W-Wa ... 1438.l2649

So here we are guys, thank me later. All those nut jobs that think there is an alternative to coal in the NE. Good panels at 10 bucks a pop... Dirt cheap. Don't grid tie, no approvals, no grants just do it. There are cheap ways of linking them, youtube is full of it. . Think about it, you can now afford a 20 kw array and on a cloudy day you could recharge your cell phone and perhaps even your laptop. Run your electric car on it ... You can thank me later ... hahahahahhahahahaa. I slay myself. I'm a little cold this morning and I'm off to grab some real energy from my coal pile.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 8:27 am

When are you moving to Chazy? I could use the entertainment.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 9:40 am

You’re getting a new power plant not far from you, right off of I-84, what do you need solar for?

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 10:07 am

gaw wrote:
Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 9:40 am
You’re getting a new power plant not far from you, right off of I-84, what do you need solar for?
He wants to be able to charge his cell phone on cloudy days .He might even be able to power some led lites inside an antique stove on a cloudy day during the summer after a t-storm knocks out the power .

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 12:20 pm

The tops of our ridges here in the Alleghenies are littered with “green energy”. Windmills dominate the landscape from Somerset to Northern Cambria. We hauled stone into every one of these and as much landscape was dozed up for roads and crane pads, I feel certain they could have stripped for coal much cleaner. Never mind all the wildlife that was disrupted for that nonsense.

They catch on fire and burn up, blades come apart and the maintenance on them is downright silly for all the more electricity the actually make. What happens years from now when they must be decommissioned because they are worn out junk?

And quite frankly, I think they look like hell.

So I am off to put one out in the back yard just for CN, he has inspired me, then I will wire it to run the blower on my stoker boiler for the three days per month that we have enough wind to do so. :D

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Wed. Nov. 29, 2017 7:57 am

For some balance Here is what is happening for those Cambria County turbines,follow the money.

http://www.post-gazette.com/powersource/companies ... 1711270058

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Nov. 29, 2017 8:05 am

Sound like a winner Tyler-I'm with ya--damn you CN for plantin this seed!!!!!!! LOL
CoalJockey wrote:
Tue. Nov. 14, 2017 12:20 pm
The tops of our ridges here in the Alleghenies are littered with “green energy”. Windmills dominate the landscape from Somerset to Northern Cambria. We hauled stone into every one of these and as much landscape was dozed up for roads and crane pads, I feel certain they could have stripped for coal much cleaner. Never mind all the wildlife that was disrupted for that nonsense.

They catch on fire and burn up, blades come apart and the maintenance on them is downright silly for all the more electricity the actually make. What happens years from now when they must be decommissioned because they are worn out junk?

And quite frankly, I think they look like hell.

So I am off to put one out in the back yard just for CN, he has inspired me, then I will wire it to run the blower on my stoker boiler for the three days per month that we have enough wind to do so. :D

CoalJockey
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Several EFM 520 refurbs...one 900, one 1300 mega-stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: (2) Warm Morning Stoves

Post by CoalJockey » Wed. Nov. 29, 2017 7:57 pm

Here is what makes me laugh about the whole “green energy” craze, and politics aside...this is not the correct forum for that I know. However, these people can never be pleased. They bawl, whine, cry, and cry and complain until they get what they want, but when they get it, they find out it’s not the beauty queen that they once thought it was. So they bawl, whine, cry and complain until they get it taken away.

Exhibit A - We want windmills...renewable, domestic, environmental friendly, and clean. So they lobby until they get showered with funding and tax credits provided by the taxpayer to get this stuff off the ground. I kid you not, these things weren’t in operation for more than 2 weeks and the brouhaha began within the environmental groups over the windmills killing the bats and the birds. I had friends that found employment getting paid high $$$ to walk around the forests looking for bats and birds that were killed by these things.

So now the big divorce began within the green community...”how could these be environmentally friendly if they kill the birds and the bats” they said. It was proposed very hot and heavy for years that these piles of junk were going to be put up on the ridge behind me, but after years of fighting with the mountaintop clubs and the historical society, it seems it’s been shot out of the saddle before it got started.

How much taxpayer funding is sitting there locked up in that big cold empty factory in Ebensburg? That was to be the big employer for years to come and it turned out to be the biggest screwing Cambria County has been dealt since Bethlehem Steel left the mines and mills go dark...when Gamesa fired everyone and they packed up and left. It put a sour taste in my mouth and I don’t even live up there.

Now that I have successfully steered this thread completely off of CN’s famous solar array I will now sit down and shut up. Thank you for letting me rant, those of you who are bored enough tonight to care. :D

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Dec. 04, 2017 7:34 pm

No CJ it's relevant just like this is. Another liberal pipe dream, all powered by the sun.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Energy/Renewable ... Truck.html

Jgib4
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Fire chief 450

Post by Jgib4 » Sat. Dec. 23, 2017 9:39 pm

We got sollar last year from a company that leases you the panels and sells the energy to you at a cheaper rate. When we moved to our new house 3 years ago our electric bills doubled and tripled some months. Since solar it cut all those in half. I’m not a hippie just cheap lol and this was the best option for electric. We didn’t pay a dime for the panels. My electric bill last month was $78.

Attachments

coalnewbie

Post by coalnewbie » Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 9:42 am

Now tell me about the leases and liens against the property.

Jgib4
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Fire chief 450

Post by Jgib4 » Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 9:47 am

coalnewbie wrote:
Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 9:42 am
Now tell me about the leases and liens against the property.
No lines on the property. It’s a 20 year lease. The only thing if we go to sell it is the person taking over the house has to have a 650 credit score to take over the lease. But let’s be honest it would be hard in this area to get a house with out a credit score that high. We also have the option of taking them with us to the new house for a removal and instation fee.
We don’t plan on moving so for us it was a win win. Our system is producing so much energy our meter has been rolling backwards since we put it on. We will end up with a check from the power company at the end of this year. We can also buy the system outright from them. The price goes down on the system each year. By year 20 it will only cost $1,800 to buy and it’s a “40 year” system.

windyhill4.2

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 10:10 am

Jgib4 wrote:
Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 9:47 am
No lines on the property. It’s a 20 year lease. The only thing if we go to sell it is the person taking over the house has to have a 650 credit score to take over the lease. But let’s be honest it would be hard in this area to get a house with out a credit score that high. We also have the option of taking them with us to the new house for a removal and instation fee.
We don’t plan on moving so for us it was a win win. Our system is producing so much energy our meter has been rolling backwards since we put it on. We will end up with a check from the power company at the end of this year. We can also buy the system outright from them. The price goes down on the system each year. By year 20 it will only cost $1,800 to buy and it’s a “40 year” system.
That all sounds almost too good to be true.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 10:17 am

Just where do You load the coal into those darned things ? Where's 'Da Shaker handle ? Ho-Ho-Ho !!

windyhill4.2

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Dec. 24, 2017 10:25 am

Jgib4 wrote:
Sat. Dec. 23, 2017 9:39 pm
We got sollar last year from a company that leases you the panels and sells the energy to you at a cheaper rate. When we moved to our new house 3 years ago our electric bills doubled and tripled some months. Since solar it cut all those in half. I’m not a hippie just cheap lol and this was the best option for electric. We didn’t pay a dime for the panels. My electric bill last month was $78.
How much is the monthly lease ???
$78/month electric bill for your house... my electric bill is usually $ 150-160/month.. summer time with AC can go up to $ 240/month...

WAIT !! Don't jump to conclusions yet !!

My bill is from the 1 meter that includes my house & my full time repair shop business which is open for 56 hrs/week. Yes, i use AC in my shop too.

SO.... if i split my last bill in 1/2 @ $160 = $80... no lease payments here. That of course is me assuming that my house is consuming as much as my shop does.

I only pay 6.5 cents/kwh + all the fees = I think around $.11/kwh total.

I assume since you think paying a lease + $78/month for electric is a bargain..you must have MUCH higher electric rates there than we do in my area.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”