Homemade Coal

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 7:13 pm

Yes it was just a precursor to surgery.

I am scheduled a week from Monday, October 23rd, 9:40 AM.

I did not realize removing all of the Thyroid was so dangerous, but while the surgeon tried to steer me away from a full removal, I think it is best. It is not just about taking all of it while he is there, it has to do with a secondary issue with my Pituitary Gland that is also not functioning. I have two related, but unrelated problems; if that makes sense. A full removal will make me 100% dependent on medication, but means predictable moods too.

In short the left side HAS to go...no question there, but the right could stay...it has a tumor, but could stay. Either way I will be dependent on medication for the rest of my life, the only difference is how much I take. Since by body cannot seem to regulate my hormone levels, I want to rid myself of that problem, any potential future cancer, and take the greater surgery risk. As the surgeon told me, they don't pay him to remove thyroids, they pay him NOT to cut your vocal cords or windpipe.

I don't have faith so much in the surgeon, as I do in a loving God that will only give me what is best. Best might be living with a mechanical voice as odd as that might sound, or best might be ridding me of this issue I have unknowingly had for years.

It is kind of like Daniel in the lions den; the story's ending would have been the same had the lions ate him, or they kept their mouths shut. "Best" can be either deliverance or difficulty.

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Sat. Oct. 14, 2017 8:16 pm

yes the keeping hand is just as glorious as the delivering one. the point isn't how long we stay on this plain but if we are ready for the presence when we leave.

i'll be holding you up,

steve

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”