Harman Pro "Pellet Pro".

Thechap

Post by Thechap » Sun. May. 22, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm not sure if this question is in the correct location but am hoping someone can help me out.

I am currently looking at purchasing a used Harman Pellet Pro pellet stove for my garage. It is probably one of the first built by Harman. Can anyone tell me about it? I couldn't find any information about the stove on the internet, nor did the owner have much information. From reading the tag on the back of the stove it appears to have been made in 1990.

He knows it needs an auger motor and the thermostat hook up, but that is all he "thinks" needs done. It looks like it is very well built. I can pick the stove up for $250.00. Are parts available, a manual? The owner lost his manual.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Bryan

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Sun. May. 22, 2016 3:51 pm

Id be leery of it because of its age, brand, and it needs parts. Harman parts get expensive quickly. $250 if it worked, maybe. Not working I wouldnt give much.

For fun, do a comparison between coal stokers and pellet stoves, the fuel that is. You will find coal to be cheaper per BTU and coal will store forever, even in dampness. thats something pellets cant do. Good luck!

Thechap

Post by Thechap » Sun. May. 22, 2016 3:55 pm

I have a Harman Mark 111 coal stove upstairs and I love it. If Harman wasn't so dang expensive I would put one in the garage. The guy was asking $250.00 for the pellet stove but I was thinking along the same lines as you were.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”