Steel King (360) Bottom Blower Fan Not Spinning

kbshaw

Post by kbshaw » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 3:15 pm

I have a Steel King 360 model there are 2 blowers ont the back one small on the top and one big one on the bottom the bottom one seems to be not working I took the guard of and I can spin the fan and it goes a little but then stops I have cleaned it and still same problem does anyone have any advice??????

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 4:48 pm

can you hook it up direct right to motor? There may be a thermal switch to turn it on/off? Maybe that is bad? Hard to say. windings could have burn out.

kbshaw

Post by kbshaw » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 5:24 pm

maybe but just the sound of the motor you can hear it, just mrm then I can spin the blade on the fan and it takes off slows to a hobble then stops, can you take the fan off and take it alone to be serviced? you can hear it trying to do something. because I am yet to find anyone who services wood furnaces.

kbshaw

Post by kbshaw » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 5:28 pm

do these motors need to be oiled it seems like they would need to be with the amount of heat there subjected to but I cant find anywhere to oil it

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sun. Mar. 23, 2008 6:01 pm

I have a Steel King 4800, mine has a Fasco blower. They are cheap, bushed motors. Mine has come to a stop a few times. Clean it up and a dab of oil and they take right off again......... usually. You will more than likely have to remove the blower and drip oil into the bushing from some opening. There are no lube holes on mine at least, so that is how I do it. It has stalled maybe twice in 14 years. Make sure you get the cups of the squirrel cage blades real clean. They fill up with dust and debris and reduce the volume of air delivered sharply.

I would like to see some pics of this twin blower deal. :)

PS
Do you know where to get coal grates for these guys?

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”