Pellets

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Aug. 11, 2015 8:58 am

Hindsight is always 20/20,
Lookin back is still a bit fuzzy.

When I converted my attached garage into a living room, my first plan was to put in a pellet stove. I even bought one off Craigs list. Then changed my mind and sold it lol.

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Aug. 11, 2015 9:38 am

To me pellet burners are like some relatives, we still love'em but we don't see them very often except weddings and funerals. They're doing their best to stay warm without the burden of heating oil and many feel their fuel of choice is renewable. I respect their choice but I love the ability of leaving my coal outside without worry and less handling. I'm sure more people would use pellets if they had indoor dry storage so they stick to cutting, splitting and numerous handling of wood! :o

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Wed. Aug. 12, 2015 7:28 am

My sister has a Harman P68 pellet stove. I took her over to Home Depot yesterday to order 4 tons of pellets. Our local Home Depot is selling Thermaglo pellets this year.
Thermaglo is not a premium pellet, they have a higher ash content and lower heat output (according to the reviews) . The pellets I could see through the bag had brown specks in them. I think they have tree bark mixed in with them.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”