Clarion 23/ Glenwood

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Mon. Apr. 06, 2015 6:51 pm

I was able to pick up these two stoves pretty cheaply ($50 for the pair) figuring if nothing else I was helping a friend clean out his garage and could recoup my money via scrap metal if I had too. We are also in the midst of a kitchen remodel, where we want the kitchen to look like the 1930's and figure one of these stoves will add to the 1930 charm. With the other, we plan to place in my other home which was built at the turn of the last century.

But my question is this: are these wood-only parlor stoves, or are they wood-coal?

I sure wish it was the latter, but atlas they are what they are as the deal has already been made and as soon as the snow melts, he plans to bring them over.

wilsons woodstoves
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood, Crawford, Magee, Herald, Others

Post by wilsons woodstoves » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 7:16 am

sounds like wood parlor stoves (wood only) The glenwood 223 reads on front door Glenwood wood parlor, ans if the clarion is the same style, its just wood. there is a lot of those in maine (back is usually cracked) good luck lets see some pics of them

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 8:17 am

wilsons woodstoves wrote:sounds like wood parlor stoves (wood only) The glenwood 223 reads on front door Glenwood wood parlor, ans if the clarion is the same style, its just wood. there is a lot of those in maine (back is usually cracked) good luck lets see some pics of them
Wilson, refresh my memory, please.

Wasn't it a Glenwood model 23 that you had in your kitchen when I was there last year ? This one in the picture,..... with the three mica windows and the reverse flues in each back corner, that can hold enough wood to burn over night ?

As you point out there are lots of those wood parlors, but I've yet to see another like that three-windowed one you have.

Paul

Attachments

DSCN3697.JPG
.JPG | 222.8KB | DSCN3697.JPG

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 8:26 am

wilsons woodstoves wrote:sounds like wood parlor stoves (wood only) The glenwood 223 reads on front door Glenwood wood parlor, ans if the clarion is the same style, its just wood. there is a lot of those in maine (back is usually cracked) good luck lets see some pics of them
The "Home Atlantic" version of these were made in Portland, Me. and you can't look on craigslist or U.Henry's without tripping over 5 or 10 ...some think they're worth thousands! :o

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 8:39 am

Th
michaelanthony wrote:
The "Home Atlantic" version of these were made in Portland, Me. and you can't look on craigslist or U.Henry's without tripping over 5 or 10 ...some think they're worth thousands! :o
They show up alot when searching for "Glenwood stoves" on eBay alot also.

Those wood parlors are like the rabbits of the stove world - leave two of them along together,..... .

Wilson did that and now his place is infested with 'em ! :D

Paul

Attachments

DSCN3691.JPG
.JPG | 220.6KB | DSCN3691.JPG
DSCN3696.JPG
.JPG | 227KB | DSCN3696.JPG
DSCN3694.JPG
.JPG | 229.6KB | DSCN3694.JPG

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Tue. Apr. 07, 2015 11:55 am

Sunny Boy wrote:They show up alot when searching for "Glenwood stoves" on eBay alot also.

Those wood parlors are like the rabbits of the stove world - leave two of them along together,..... .

Wilson did that and now his place is infested with 'em ! :D

Paul
:rofl: :rofl:

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”