I Just Noticed That Our Electricity Rate Jumped up in June

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Mon. Sep. 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Being Honest,Larry,You're One Of The Best Number Crunchers On This Board. Last Winter,as I've understood it,We came within 500 Megawatts of Brown-Outs with the Possibility of Rolling Blackouts. That 500 MW was represented by just one 3600lb Super-Critical Steam Unit that has been permanently De-commissioned due to the April2015 EPA MATS Deadline....That 'aint too good. Many more Units have been slated to be taken permanently Off-Line. I chose for Long Term Price Stability with FES before they pulled out of the Residential Market. It's not always about the Lowest Price. You're going to have to weigh the Pro's and Con's of Plans and Rates available now and make that call. :bang:

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Mon. Sep. 22, 2014 9:34 pm

I might gamble on the 6% off variable deal, but I guess it's all a moot point now, as NOPEC does not list any communities in the Medina/Wadsworth area as members.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Sep. 23, 2014 9:35 am

A friend of mine got duped into switching electrical providers (generators) - since deregulation in '97 or so, MA mailboxes get flooded with all kinds of promises of "cheap electric bills". I always had a feeling that was a bad idea ...

Well, my buddy recently switched to a provider promising mega-savings, since he's got 8 kids to feed. Everything was great ... for the FIRST MONTH .... then, his next electric bill was nearly $400, about an 80% increase!! He's now bogged down in legal b/s over this - since he signed up for it, he's pretty much screwed. They make it real easy to switch .... but just try going back - you CAN'T!

Isn't de-regulation great? I recall the local papers praising Bill Clinton for opening that door .... :roll: But I digress ....

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”