Oil Vs Natural Gas Burners.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Fri. May. 02, 2014 3:28 pm

I'm almost ready to get a new dual-fuel furnace. I need this because I plan on selling the house and will leave this furnace behind. The only thing I'll have to do is remove the coal stoker and hopper and install the beckett burner. I know that Leisure Line's Matthaus uses a natural-gas burner on his boiler. Is it just an issue of safety when removing or installing the natural-gas burner?

What are the actual differences between a natural-gas burner and the oil burner?

Does anyone have a picture of a natural-gas burner installed on their furnace or boiler?

Thanks!

Berlin

Post by Berlin » Fri. May. 02, 2014 3:45 pm

natural gas burner is very similar to oil burner. wayne and carlin are popular brands, look them up. Usually the efficiency is a few % less w/ nat gas power burner vs. oil burner, but that's irrelevant given todays extremely cheap NG (this is because of the higher hydrogen content of NG and the greater initial energy transfer from the greater radiation of the bright oil flame vs. dull blue nat gas flame.) There's nothing to worry about w/ nat gas power burners, they run well for years and years and require much less attention than oil-fired power burners.

stovepipemike

Post by stovepipemike » Sat. Jun. 21, 2014 7:13 am

I agree and only wish I were able to hook up to the natural gas main right in front of the house. Unfortunately it is a private venture coming from a landfill with 100% going to a nearby company that processes wet cardboard. Natural gas is the way to go, and it just might come from America. Mike

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”