Need Blower for Russo Stove Insert Model CFI

tocrazie
Other Heating: Russo Woodstove insert model CFI

Post by tocrazie » Tue. Feb. 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Hello,

i have a Russo woodstove insert that came with the house. The model on the plate is CFI and am in need of a blower for it. It currently doesn't have one, but according to Russo Products who I think is the successor company to Russo Manufacturing it can take one, which they do carry at whopping $355. Their model for the blower is a R-IBAX, which I can't find any info on. I was hoping I could find an aftermarket to that for a much lesser amount, but have been unsuccessful at determining what model blower it takes. I have no manual for the stove.

According to Russo Products, the blower it takes is a 210 CFM insert blower, which fits Russo Models CFI , CFIX, WI-30 and CI-55. If anyone has one of these models, could tell me the model of their blower or if you even have a manual that perhaps lists that information, would be imensely appreciated.

If necessary I can upload some pictures.

Thank You
Claudio

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Tue. Feb. 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Do a little detective work and save a few bucks. :)

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fasco/fasco_blower.htm

http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/dayton_blower.htm

check your PM's...I sent you manual. ;)

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Tue. Feb. 11, 2014 5:41 pm

I did get your PM and replied. I have been doing alot of detective work and everything you've sent me thus far has been info that I've already come accross...but yet no certainty of the blower I need. I did come accross the two links below for a 15" Transflow blower but again not sure if it is the right fan for my insert :

http://www.woodstove-parts.com/NewScans/Large/Dov ... raltar.jpg (1c212 part no) and same thing on this other site

http://a1stoves.com/15-inch-transflo-blower-p-256.html

neither site gives me any specs on this blower either, and their price isn't about $70 less than the local guy, but the local guy comes with wire and plug and bracket.

Anymore ideas?

Thanks
Claudio

McGiever
Stoker Coal Boiler: AXEMAN-ANDERSON 130 "1959"
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: BUCKET A DAY water heater
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Warm Morning 414A
Coal Size/Type: PEA,NUT,STOVE /ANTHRACITE
Other Heating: Ground Source Heat Pump and some Solar

Post by McGiever » Tue. Feb. 11, 2014 7:15 pm

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Tue. Feb. 11, 2014 10:49 pm

This is good, really good...i feel like I'm very close to saving myself quite a bit of money. I've posted some pictures of the stove and the vent where the blower would go...as you can see there are two threaded welded washer nuts on the top of the inside of the right vent, which I presume is where the blower would bolt on. According to Russo Products, they make it seem there is some sort of bracket and blower housing that theirs come with...any idea if this is true or if this after market easily bolts to the stove?

Lastly theirs comes wired with a standard electric cord and plug that feeds through the whole at the bottom right of the cover and then plugs into an outlet for operation. I presume the after market doesn't come wired as such, any idea if it can be wired as such and how hard it maybe to do so? I'm certainly not an electrician but have done my share of color coded wiring.

Again I appreciate all the help thus far, and will appreciate any further suggestions/advice.

Thank you

claudio

Attachments

CFIventcover.jpg
.JPG | 86.2KB | CFIventcover.jpg
CFIrightventopen.jpg
.JPG | 57.4KB | CFIrightventopen.jpg

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 8:36 am

just spit balling here but sometimes when I want parts for an old stove its cheaper to buy the whole damb thing used on ebay or CL and just take the part you want... Russo stoves where sold with blowers more often than not... im only going to give one quick example of a fast CL search (you can search your area GL better and remember that even if the seller does not post it as having a blower 5 times out of 10 they will have a blower on them (the seller is just not that educated to list it as such) ... **Broken Link(S) Removed**

michaelanthony
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vigilant 2310, gold marc box stove
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Gold Marc Independence
Baseburners & Antiques: Home Sparkle 12
Coal Size/Type: 'nut
Other Heating: Fujitsu mini split, FHA oil furnace

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 8:49 am

Hi tocrazie, the guys have come through with some great advice. I have one question. Do you need a blower for both sides? Also it might be a good idea to vacuum as much of the internal passage way as possible before your fire up a blower or blowers, chances are it's fairly dusty in there. Putting some air filter material in front of the vents for a short time should help minimize the debris cloud.

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 11:50 am

Thanks dcrane and michaelanthony for the recent advice. I have been checking craigslist and ebay and will continue to, but it seems most Russo's aren't the models that would have the same blower. I will contact that listing however fo a pic or model number.

I only need one blower, the other side is where the pull handle for the damper feeds through, so I don't beleive it can take a blower.

thanks again, and any other advice or suggestions is appreciated.

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 12:10 pm

[quote="tocrazie"]....thanks again, and any other advice or suggestions is appreciated.[/quote]

Oh yeah one more thing, switch to coal and sit back! :lol:

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 12:46 pm

Anyone know if this stove is a dual wood/coal stove? Where does one buy stove burning coal in the southeastern part of MA (Attleboro to be exact).

Thanks

michaelanthony

Post by michaelanthony » Wed. Feb. 12, 2014 2:25 pm

[quote="tocrazie"]Anyone know if this stove is a dual wood/coal stove? Where does one buy stove burning coal in the southeastern part of MA (Attleboro to be exact).

Thanks[/quote]

Believe it or not your are in the middle of coal stove heaven. If you start a new thread about where to buy a stove in your neck of the woods you will be amazed! You can start with .http://riversidecoal.com/

japar
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hearthmate

Post by japar » Fri. Feb. 21, 2014 8:01 pm

I have 2 blowers for the Russo stove, 1 used, 1 brand new but it's for the stove not insert not sure if they are the same

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Sat. Feb. 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Japar,

i just messaged you for more info on those blowers.

Thanks

Claudio

tocrazie

Post by tocrazie » Wed. Feb. 26, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Japar,

do you know what models these blower were/are for and/or what model the blowers are themselves? What are the specs on them such as CFM's and dimensions and do you have pictures of them?

Thanks

Russoguy

Post by Russoguy » Tue. Jan. 24, 2017 8:16 pm

I know this is an old thread - but have nothing to lose - I have the same old Russo woodstove insert - did you ever find a blower for your stove. - mine recently died and have been trying to get a replacement - have looked everywhere with no luck .

Jon

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”