- Posts: 2938
- Joined: Wed. Oct. 03, 2012 9:53 am
- Baseburners & Antiques: 2 Crawford 40's, PP Stewart No. 14, Abendroth Bros "Record 40"
- Coal Size/Type: Stove / Anthracite.
- Other Heating: Oil fired, forced hot air.
- Location: Western Massachusetts
NoSmoke wrote:You can sell the excess oil in your tank...it really is no different than playing the stock market.
If you have a tank full of heating oil and know you can fill it in the summer when it is a lot cheaper...why not make a quick buck on it?
How the heck do you sell oil from your tank?
Do customers come with five gal cans for you to fill?
Who would buy it not knowing the quality of it?
Most houses only have 275 tank that yields about 250 gal, so how can you stockpile it?
The price difference in the off season aint what it used to be, at least in New England and even then it was minimal.
Right now by me its $3.90 avg.
- Posts: 1850
- Joined: Wed. May. 20, 2009 8:09 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90 Chimney vent
- Coal Size/Type: Rice
- Other Heating: Buderus Oil Boiler 3115-34
- Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker 90 Chimney Vent
- Location: Wynantskill NY, 10 miles from Albany
I paid $3.47 last August. It just heats our DHW.
- Posts: 8416
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 16, 2011 9:51 am
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Overmodified/Bored out Clayton 1537
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite/Awesome Size
- Location: Olean, NY
Carbon12 wrote:It's a little more difficult to transport 250 gallons of flammable liquid than a truck full of wood.
Nawwww.... Jus pu a battub in'yer pic up truc and haw it wit dat..
- Posts: 12542
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005 9:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
- Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
- Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75
- Location: N/E Ohio, between Medina and Wadsworth
I see that road diesel is as high as $4.599 here now. Amazing that a fuel that takes less processing than gasoline can cost so much more.
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Tue. Oct. 11, 2011 6:53 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
- Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
- Other Heating: Heat Pump/Forced Hot Air Oil Furnace
- Location: Harrisburg, PA
Much higher energy density than gasoline and fewer marketable by products when the diesel is distilled.
- Posts: 3548
- Joined: Sat. Mar. 17, 2007 6:29 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
- Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
- Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
- Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
- Other Heating: Oil HWBB
- Location: Central NH, Concord area
#2 home: 369.9 today (cash)
#1 Kero: 389.9 (I thought it would be well over $4.25)
Off Road Diesel 3.79.9
On Road Diesel 419.9
- Verified Business Rep.
- Posts: 10375
- Joined: Sun. Oct. 21, 2007 4:23 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer
- Location: Montrose PA
Arm & Leg
First born for collateral