Any Mathematics Fat-Heads Out There?

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Sat. Mar. 30, 2013 4:54 am

I would not be a very good Christian if I did that.

When I took over the farm in 2008 I said I was going to play by the rules even though agriculture has the highest amount of regulation in any industry. However it has always worked out well for me even though I had no idea how difficult playing by the rules would be at times.

So I'll let you guys cook the books, I'll stick to lamb and keep my integrity in place.
rberq wrote:
NoSmoke wrote:... what I do is just calculate each day how many gallons have been consumed by the equipment on this farm. By deducting how much fuel is used, I automatically know how much fuel is in the tank...and what I am really after...what the value of that off-road fuel is. This is for taxes ...
For taxes, it's traditional to just lie. :|

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sat. Mar. 30, 2013 5:30 am

dll wrote:You will find that the attached spreadsheet, with a 10th order polynomial equation, will calculate your gallons very close to your data.

The spreadsheet has three tabs, the first has the derived equation function, the second has the equation fit information and the third has the original data.

I would not use this polynomial equation for any other tank, it is derived as a custom equation for the data on the subject tank only.

dll - mathematics fat-head :)
:shock: :shock: :shock: HUH?

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”