And They Say Coal Is Dirty...

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Wed. Mar. 13, 2013 4:17 pm

NoSmoke wrote:It is a common mistake, and one the environmentalists often do when looking at a paper mill. They see all the STEAM coming off from the evaporation process and immediately consider it to be smoke and smog. I would look at the photo they were trying to depict as bad for the environment, and despite the acres of steam rising off the wet end of the paper mill, all I would see is a little wisp of white smoke rising from the boiler stack.

Move along environmental whackos...they is nothing to see here!
They make that mistake with any industrial facility including coal plants which use wet scrubbers to clean the gases.

One of my most memorable moments debating this was some guy posting an image of cooling towers which emit nothing but water vapor and he made the comment "those aren't clouds"... :lol: Umm yes they are.

NoSmoke
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: New Yoker WC90
Baseburners & Antiques: Woods and Bishop Antique Pot Bellied Stove
Coal Size/Type: Stove/Nut/Pea Anthracite
Other Heating: Munchkin LP Boiler/Englander Pellet Stove/Perkins 4.108 Cogeneration diesel

Post by NoSmoke » Wed. Mar. 13, 2013 6:07 pm

What is the difference between a Banjo and an Onion?

No one cries when they cut up a Banjo!

(It is the only banjo joke I know)

dcrane
Verified Business Rep.
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404

Post by dcrane » Wed. Mar. 13, 2013 9:50 pm

Richard S. wrote:
NoSmoke wrote:It is a common mistake, and one the environmentalists often do when looking at a paper mill. They see all the STEAM coming off from the evaporation process and immediately consider it to be smoke and smog. I would look at the photo they were trying to depict as bad for the environment, and despite the acres of steam rising off the wet end of the paper mill, all I would see is a little wisp of white smoke rising from the boiler stack.

Move along environmental whackos...they is nothing to see here!
They make that mistake with any industrial facility including coal plants which use wet scrubbers to clean the gases.

One of my most memorable moments debating this was some guy posting an image of cooling towers which emit nothing but water vapor and he made the comment "those aren't clouds"... :lol: Umm yes they are.
listen... I see a good fire and smoke and sweet smells of honey and I follow my nose to see whats cookin' :lol: Im sure your right that half that smoke is most likely some vapors from the maple still, after I entered this "man town" building it appeared to me like the entire building was a chimney with louvers that opened on the roof :shock: It was also hotter then haties in their! but it sure was a fun time hanging out their, loading green wood, taste testing and watching these dudes They didn't know me me from boo, yet they treated me like I was a neighbor.

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 8:57 am

michaelanthony wrote:
SMITTY wrote:

Banjos are illegal in MA ...

Damn - I'm Screwed :shock:

wawrd1
Other Heating: Natures Comfort 325G Outdoor wood/coal boiler

Post by wawrd1 » Thu. Mar. 14, 2013 12:14 pm

michaelanthony wrote:
michaelanthony wrote:..do I hear banjo music in the distance :shock: :out:
Very tongue and cheek...I lived in lynn, ma. for a long time and hung with H/A's in various places...
"Theat me good... I'll treat you better..... Treat me bad.... I'll treat you worse" ;)

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”