Coal Stove but I Want to Burn Wood Now -EFEL AMBASSADOR 350

SAWit

Post by SAWit » Thu. Sep. 20, 2012 7:04 pm

I have the EFEL Coal Stove which according to the previous owner can burn wood. The parts list for it even has a grate for burning wood. The manual I found on-line mentions nothing about burning wood unfortunately. Anyone have experience with this? I'm thinking that with the wood grate in place I can start a wood fire through the front glass door, and then as needed added wood through the top hopper part - basically do everything as you would if you were burning coal. Looking at the inner parts of the stove, I'm just not sure if anything has to be removed part wise to make certain there is enough room inside to burn wood. Your thoughts on this stove newbie question appreciated in advance!

oppirs
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Russo / CW #2
Other Heating: Lopi / Liberty

Post by oppirs » Fri. Sep. 21, 2012 12:29 am

Don't do anything.

More knowing folks will add,

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Fri. Sep. 21, 2012 7:38 am

I had an Efel Ambassador and it was set up to burn wood when I first acquired it. I left it that way during shoulder months when I burned small logs for some quick heat. It does just fine but don't try to put the logs through the hatch on the top. Open the door, lay the logs, close the door. Just like you would with any wood burning stoves. Don't try to get inventive with this stove. You will regret it.

When you want to switch to coal switch the grates and away you go.

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”