Looking for All Nighter Giant Moe Stove Literature or Manuals

mac8429

Post by mac8429 » Sat. Nov. 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Looking for any info on a Giant Moe stove I just purchased. I have no data plate - anyone have a photo of one? How about any literature/stories/etc.? Saw an install manual online; just looking for anything I can find on these stoves.

THANKS!!!

Coaly
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hopper Fed Hitzer EZ Flo
Baseburners & Antiques: Many, including most all Fisher models
Coal Size/Type: Chestnut / hard
Other Heating: Kitchen Queen 480

Post by Coaly » Sun. Dec. 18, 2011 11:02 pm

Doing the history of Fisher Stoves, I've run into quite a bit of info on different copied stoves that got a lot of Fisher licensees into trouble. All-Nighter was another individual that copied, and cost Fisher the most of all their patent infringement law suits. When they were warned, they loaded up truck loads of stove boxes to be scrapped. The doors were cast, and not hung on the finished boxes, since they were purchased from a local foundry. The workers decided not to take them to the scrap yard as told, and chipped in the money for the boss, and took them to a garage where they were fitted and sold with homemade doors. Many stoves in the New England area that resemble the box with different doors surface, with manufacturer unknown since the homemade doors have no names. They are actually genuine All-Nighter stove boxes.

The law suit was eventually awarded NOT in Fisher's favor since the premise of the patent revolved around a outlet higher than the door to prevent smoke roll back, intakes in the door, step top giving two cooking surfaces. The judge declared no one can patent the way something works due to a naturally occuring phenomenon. This is the reason so many more were able to copy and produce stoves similar to the Fisher.

To find ads, news articles, and put the history together, use Google News Archive. Here's an article about the law suit I came across doing the Fisher history.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=a-cgAAAAIBAJ ... hter&hl=en

By researching patents on-line, and UL approval lists you can get the business owner address, models made, etc.... There is also manufacturer literature on Hearth.com in the Wiki section under All-Nighter. A couple installation instructions just sold on ebay for $5.50.

Attachments

Moe belt buckle.jpg

ALLNIGHTER MOE BELT BUCKLE

.JPG | 117.2KB | Moe belt buckle.jpg
All Nighter ad.jpg

ALL NIGHTER AD

.JPG | 162.2KB | All Nighter ad.jpg
All Nighter Manual.jpg

ALL NIGHTER MANUAL

.JPG | 27.8KB | All Nighter Manual.jpg

Return to “Wood, Pellets, Gas, Oil, Geothermal & Other Heating Types”