pine barren

Post by pine barren » Tue. Dec. 23, 2008 11:35 am

any one know anything about pine barren stoves made in chatsworth nj

wnark

Post by wnark » Tue. Dec. 23, 2008 11:40 am

I have one...does a nice job in my basement

pine barren

Post by pine barren » Tue. Dec. 23, 2008 5:11 pm

thanksfor the reply wnark called the pine barren stove co found out I have a coal barren 5400 lee at pine barren sure is anic guy he is mailing me a manual for my stove I have been having trouble keeping agood coal fire burning for more than 24 hrs he told to fill it to the top of the fire bricks that I wasent putting enough coal in it shake it once or twice a day what modle do you have ps lee loves to deer hunt

wnark

Post by wnark » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 10:46 am

I have a pinebarren "Patricia" free standing coal stove. I had the same problem when first using the stove. Get a good hot fire established, then fill it to the top, leaving a "hotspot" according to the manual. Becomes like clockwork after a while. And yes, Lee does like to deer hunt , into fishing too.

jotuler

Post by jotuler » Wed. Dec. 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Does Pinebarren have a web site? I was looking at a pinebarren on either craigs list or ebay last year but could'nt find any info on it. It looked like a solid stove, but unknowns plus the price told me pass on the buy. I ended up buying a Harman Mark II (no regrets there) and haven't thought about the stove till now.
I'm still courious about the stove and the company, so if you have any info please share.
Jotuler

VigIIPeaBurner
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker(down)
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Post by VigIIPeaBurner » Sat. Jan. 03, 2009 8:07 pm

Found one on craigslist that's not too far from me.
**Broken Link(s) Removed**

DigicamLife

Post by DigicamLife » Wed. Jan. 06, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi all,

I might the the person who bought the Pine Barren Stove from the CL seller in Allentown. I didn't know that the company was still in business when I bought the stove but I do now. The seller of the stove told me at the time that it was originally a fireplace insert but that he welded legs to the bottom and made it into a stand alone. He had also replaced all of the brick, replaced the glass and all of the gaskets. He refurbs stoves and resells them as a hobby. I went there originally to look at another stove that he had and the Pine Barren was running and heating his shop/garage. I really liked it over the other one because it has dual blowers and really moves a lot of heat. I really had no idea about anything when I finally made the decision to buy the stove but I have had it running for over a week straight now and I really love it. When I did a Google search and found the phone number for Pine Barren Stoves I called and talked to Lee there. He told me that he is still making and selling stoves and that if anything needed replacement he had all of the parts available. We talked for a bit and he told me that from my description what I bought is the Patricia. I thought that he said Patrician until reading an earlier post here. He also told me that he makes these stoves himself and you can still purchase them new.

I am interested in corresponding with any other Pine Barren Stove owners out there. I don't think that there are many of us out there.

Here is a picture of my installation.

John
CoalStove-2.jpg

Heating a 2200 sq. ft. 300 year old farmhouse and the coldest room is still 68 and the warmest room is 78 to 80.

.JPG | 129.4KB | CoalStove-2.jpg

Smoker858
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
Baseburners & Antiques: Reading Stove Works Penn circa 1900
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: nat gas

Post by Smoker858 » Thu. Jan. 07, 2010 10:37 am

Seems they have no website

I found this on google

e-mail them at [email protected] or call (609)726-1550 or (609)726-1551 Fax (609)726-1551

MJinLehigh

Post by MJinLehigh » Thu. Jan. 07, 2010 11:15 am

Hello John,
looks like another happy customer for me!!
I'm glad it's working well for you and I llok forward to offering some more stoves next season.

thenescokid
Coal Size/Type: pine barren

Post by thenescokid » Fri. May. 23, 2014 3:35 am

Sorry I'm not burning coal , but I do have a Pine Barrens stove . Using it for 15 years . I think they are out of buisness . They used to be just off the Rt 70 & 72 circle in Chatsworth NJ ( a couple of doors down from Wawa , old wooden boat out front). I did go there about 14 years ago to get parts . Way cool guy ! Pretty much dated my stove as an early one . Late 70's & still going strong . Love it ! Use it to heat my 2 bedroom house with no insulation . Warm as toast with wood . Have tried coal I picked up along the railroad tracks . Hot Hot Hot , I only do it when it is super cold ! Had widows open on a 10 degree day . Great old stove , well built , made to last . If you can get one grab it ! Use Ceramiglass (got it from Berln Glass , Berlin NJ ) if you have window . Cracked 2 glass widows the first year , got Ceramiglass & never broke one again . I think the ones with deer head on door & no window are the original ealy stove . No website I know of .

mrandrews25
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Coal Barren

Post by mrandrews25 » Sun. Jun. 22, 2014 2:01 pm

I got a Coal Barren stove but needed some parts. I called Lee at Pine Barren stoves and he was very helpful and accomadating about any question I had on ordering parts and operation for this stove.

Dsodomin

Post by Dsodomin » Mon. Sep. 19, 2022 5:00 pm

I have one for sale

bustedwing
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: LL Pioneer
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Hot air oil

Post by bustedwing » Tue. Sep. 20, 2022 10:35 am

$$$$$?????

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”