Warm Morning 617a Naval Jelly residue problem.

abornox

Post by abornox » Sun. Jan. 29, 2023 9:19 pm

Bought a Warm Morning 617a off Craigslist for my garage. Stove is in excellent shape just needing cosmetic clean up on outside to get rid of surface rust. I wired wheeled the heavy rust then applied Rust-Oleum rust dissolver naval jelly to get rid of the rest. After applying and wiping down, a white powdery film now covers wherever the navel jelly was applied. I have tried all the recommended methods to get rid of this and it keeps coming back. I scrubbed it down with baking soda and water to neutralize the Phosphoric Acid in the naval jelly, then rinsed with hot water, but the white powder came back when dry. I applied mineral spirits and wiped clean and followed that by using a scotch bright pad dipped in denatured alcohol and scrubbed the whole thing, but the white powder still appears when dry. I am planning on applying stove polish once cleaned up, but I'm holding off on doing anything else hoping someone on here can offer any suggestions.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”