Help identifying

kentuckyguy

Post by kentuckyguy » Wed. Oct. 19, 2022 7:11 pm

Could someone help me identify this stove? I’ve spent hours searching and can’t find any info on CONTENT coal stove

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Wed. Oct. 19, 2022 8:16 pm

Sorry not a coal stove. It has a side load door to add wood.

Heater should have the manufacturer name and date somewhere. Look around the 3 rims. Lower,middle and top rim. Maybe the very top, that swings to the side. Even the very backside.

Very top door has 4 mica windows for viewing the fire. It is missing the finial/statue on the very top part that either swings to left or right. I see 2 holes on very bottom rim. Might of had a foot rail/bar, to rest and warm your feet.

Similar in style to a Busey & McCloud Gold Coin brand or Sylvan Red Cross brand and the like. Might be made by Tennessee stove works? There is a couple southwest stove makers.

Send an email to Antique Stove Hospital
with a picture and questions. They are Stoveologists.

kentuckyguy

Post by kentuckyguy » Wed. Oct. 19, 2022 9:45 pm

Thanks for the help. I was looking at picking it up to restore and was hoping to find some original pictures or info before taking on the project.

I thought with the vents the way they are it was a coal stove.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”