Help with an Oakvale Andes 161

InfoSeeker323

Post by InfoSeeker323 » Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 4:26 pm

I am looking for some guidance with an inherited Oakvale Andes 161 stove. It came with a late uncle's house in central NY, and I believe he used it as a woodburning stove. Thanks to a good friend, she directed me to this site and my sister (the present owner) would like to sell it rather than see it go to waste. She'd like to ask a fair price for it, and it will need to be picked up & restored. We do not know whether all the parts are present, and I am turning to this forum for your help.

Attachments

stove.1.jpg
.JPG | 534.3KB | stove.1.jpg
stove.3.jpg
.JPG | 509KB | stove.3.jpg
stove.2.jpg
.JPG | 462.4KB | stove.2.jpg

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Welcome. That's a good start. Now you need to shoot some pics of the back of the stove, and open up the doors, to show the pot, grates, and ash pan. Looks like it has potential, and would be a good "COAL" stove. :)

mntbugy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D S 1500, Warm Moring 400
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way
Coal Size/Type: stove and nut and some bit
Other Heating: Propain

Post by mntbugy » Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 5:35 pm

A very,very nice heater. Good quality make and very efficient on fuel usage.

The top half of stove has iron sides, the cheaper model would of had sheetmetal sides.

Some more pics would help with appraisal.

Pictures of the big bump on the back of stove. From the left and right side. Try to capture the whole bump from top to bottom. Think I see a crack on the right view by the top edge.

Picture looking in the upper front doors. Looking down inside at the shaking grate bars.

Picture looking in the very bottom door also.

Hopefully not much wood was burned in it. That will destroy the stove quicker than coal fire.

Depending on the amount of damage, will determine the price. Not a stove seen everyday, uncommon but not rare.

I might be interested in purchasing your stove.Where about in New York? Closest big city is good enough for now.

InfoSeeker323

Post by InfoSeeker323 » Mon. Feb. 21, 2022 1:56 pm

mntbugy wrote:
Sun. Feb. 20, 2022 5:35 pm
A very,very nice heater. Good quality make and very efficient on fuel usage.

The top half of stove has iron sides, the cheaper model would of had sheetmetal sides.

Some more pics would help with appraisal.

Pictures of the big bump on the back of stove. From the left and right side. Try to capture the whole bump from top to bottom. Think I see a crack on the right view by the top edge.

Picture looking in the upper front doors. Looking down inside at the shaking grate bars.

Picture looking in the very bottom door also.

Hopefully not much wood was burned in it. That will destroy the stove quicker than coal fire.

Depending on the amount of damage, will determine the price. Not a stove seen everyday, uncommon but not rare.

I might be interested in purchasing your stove.Where about in New York? Closest big city is good enough for now.

Thanks for your help. It didn't occur to me to open the doors - we were too busy scratching our heads as to where to even begin with this. I will post the rest of the pictures as soon as I can. We're located close to Syracuse, for location purposes.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:42 pm

Well M, did you get it?

mntbugy
Baseburners & Antiques: Art Garland 145,GW114 ,Clarion 115, Vestal 20 Globe,New Royal22 Globe, Red Cross Oak 56,Acme Ventiduct 38,Radiant Airblast 626,Home Airblast 62,Moores #7,Moores 3way

Post by mntbugy » Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:52 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:42 pm
Well M, did you get it?
Not that price.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:54 pm

mntbugy wrote:
Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:52 pm
Not that price.
I keep checking craigslist to see if it shows up and it never did. Thought you must have got it.

mntbugy

Post by mntbugy » Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:58 pm

waytomany?s wrote:
Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 8:54 pm
I keep checking craigslist to see if it shows up and it never did. Thought you must have got it.
It's on marketplace Syracuse.

InfoSeeker323

Post by InfoSeeker323 » Sun. Mar. 06, 2022 9:25 pm

The stove is still available- it had to be dismantled & relocated due to the house being sold. It is posted on the FB page for CNY, as is. Anyone interested in contacting the owner for a look-see can message me for that info.

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”