Florence Hot Blast No.53

SilverCloud9

Post by SilverCloud9 » Sat. Nov. 20, 2021 10:52 am

Hello.
We've had an old hot blast 53 for some time. It's not been lit in probably 50 years, though, and is badly in need of some repairs. We have all the parts, but some definitely will need recast or replaced. I have no idea how to start a project like this. I've scoured the web hoping to find a parts list, or diagram. I'm not against learning how to cast, or finding a professional somewhere that can do it for a reasonable cost. I'm just very not sure where to start.
The most critical part I've been looking for for some time now is the ring that goes above the funnel shaped part above the base and below the barrel, which supports the barrel itself. Without this part, I cannot put the stove together even for display, though I do intend to get it to a fire ready state at some point, even if it never becomes my primary heater. What is this part called, and how can I get dimensions? Mine's pretty badly deteriorated and I'm not sure I can get a proper measurement.
Any advice anyone has that can get me started on this path would be so appreciated! It's so difficult to find any information on the google, I've nearly given up a few times over the years.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Nov. 20, 2021 11:17 am

The connector ring, photo ? bondo then recast, Tomahawk foundry..

Return to “Antiques, Baseburners, Kitchen Stoves, Restorations & Modern Reproductions”